GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Oko Drammeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Feb 2004 20:52:44 +0100
The great Yuti is gone. A friend and a brother.  As a classy soccer
player he was a great left winger for Augustians and he played along
with Biri on many occations.With his stylist hair and stylish shorts.His
club Elizebethan was a unique tradition and brother Yuti was at the
HELM. He was an all rounder sportsman.

Lately he was managing and encouraging many bands in The Gambia
including Sambou Suso, Kebba Taylor, Musa Ngum and many traditional
ballet groups. I worked with him closely (as partners) on many
Hewarehs,festivals and sporting everts.He was a high jumper and a sprinter.

He loved Ifangbondi and he spend a good time closely linked to the Afro
Manding. Later he played the guitar and he gas performed with his band
at the Hewareh at the tropical in Banjul. He was a close friend to my
brother Pindo Drammeh.

Yuti was great youth leader, a sincere and generous gentleman and a
smiling character. To remember Yuti well. you have to think about the
trendiest youth clubs and youth leaders in the Gambia. He lived in many
parts of the Gambia including Basse, Bansang, Brikama and lately Bakau.
Whereever he goes he is followed by a  mass folloiwer because of his
kindness and sincere inspiration.
Personally,he is my brother and a good friend..I will miss him dearly.

May his soul rest in peace and may god grant him sincere blessing.

His story lives on !!!

Oko Drammeh
www.Africanmusicfestival.com/okodrammeh

P/S. When did he died and from what ? Can anyone tell.