GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
saul khan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 14:05:41 GMT
Hello Gambia America,

I've gathered from impeccable sources that as of last evening, our very own
Madam Zeinab Jammeh etc has checked in with an eight member entourage at
"The Madison" hotel. I just spoke to the Reservation Manager and these are
the facts I've gathered from her:
1. The Madison is a full luxury hotel with meals included in the tab.
2. "Junior suites" go for $300.00 per night per person. An extra person adds
$20.00 to the bill for all rooms.
3. Rooms with King-size beds are $195.00 per night/person
4. Rooms with Queen-size beds are $175.00 per night/person.
5. The Madison is located at 15th and M Street NW (downtown) Wash DC.

Here are the phone numbers for the hotel: 1-800-424-8577, and local
202-862-1600. Nothing against this Zeinab girl in person, but I think the
hotel's management needs to know what type of guests they're lodging. One is
free to dig gold anywhere as long as the gold mine isn't located on little
children's graves. Anyone who can is urged to call the hotel and lodge a
protest. As good as the money these nine people are paying is, the last
thing the Madison needs is negative publicity.

In a related development, it's been speculated that the Madam is really
ticked off that the embassy hasn't organized a real welcoming ceremony for
her and her party. John Bojang, according to sources just sent a limousine
driver by the name BossCarr to pick her up. Pretty undignified, so the Madam
thinks. Well, there could be worse. We'll see.

Saul.