GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pierre Gomez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Feb 2004 03:11:41 -0500
My brother Chongan,

Can you please keep quiet and move on as you have stated. Do not attempt to raise questions you may not be willing to answer. I have never wished to talk about this, but i think i need to remind you that you were a leader in a notorious organisation. The Gandamere during your time was no doubt above the law. You yourself know that very well.

Ask how does a Gambian fell when you tell him i am taking you to Kombo Station. They know what to expect  there. The technique of obtaining confession by the Gandamere was first you get undress and these boys prey on you like wolves on a dead horse. Even if Samba is offended in Banjul, he takes the matter to Kombo station instead of the Banjul Police station. I don't know why you locked Essa Sey up, but i know that no one questions the authority of the Gandamere. They were so powerful that they give less regard to established rules.

Example, you remember when one of your men was stop at a traffic by the police, your men mobilised and attacked the Bakau Police Station at night and bit up all the police officers. Nothing came out of it. They repeated it another night. Again nothing came out of it. You and your men were above the law and treated people like animals. I belief the Army boys treated you like that following july 22. You see Chongan, the history you are talking about, people know most of it. When you are in power and tread people like animals, you will be treated likewise. The power people give you is to protect them and not to hurt them. Today Jammeh has the power and he too, with that Gandamere background, cannot explain how and why people like Koro died.

Chongan, as a brother, i advise you to keep quiet and leave Binneh to continue his fabrications. His brother Ehou Coly and master Ams are making him to be completely lost.

Have a wonderful night
PG