GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
suntou touray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Nov 2009 10:30:38 +0000
DEMBA, THE QUESTION IS WHAT CAPACITY IS HALIFA CONDUCTING HIS POLITICS
USING NADD AS A PLATFORM. If you cannot funish us with those asnwers,
then contact the man himself instead digging up a press release which
is not binding. What is Halifa's role in NADD now? The Agenda 2011,
under what premise did he pen it, as a spokesman for NADD or PDOIS or
just an ordinary citizen? This are the issues. Editor Pa asked a
poignant question, if you can go the extra mile, that would be nice,
but it seems your complicit love for PDOIS always gets in your way.
 The AGENDA 2011 or a wayforward will be analyse in due course but for
now, an answer is needed from the NADD or PDOIS camp. This is a simple
issue, but we always try to complicate matters.
Be a journalist and detach for once! especially in your new high
responsible role, all eyes are on you koto Demba, all eyes on You.
I will seize the opportunity to congrajulate you on your appointment
as GPU U.S.A secretary general, may God guide you in the monumental
tasks ahead. Amen
Suntou

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 7:47 AM, Demba Baldeh <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> It appears there are very short memories on what has become of NADD or the
> position of the then Flagbearer Halifa Sallah... The records speaks for
> themselves and it is a matter of taking the time and doing the research.
> Below is an exert from a press release that was released by the then
> Executive of NADD before the reminance left.....
>
> According to this press release the position of flagbear was abandoned...
> read for your self...
>
> http://www.gainako.com/news/articles/nadd.html
>
> The Executive Committee of the National Alliance for Democracy and
> Development
> met on Saturday 10th February, 2007 to review the performance of the
> Alliance in the
> recently concluded elections and pave the way forward.
>
> "To begin with itself, the Executive Committee approved the proposal of the
> NADD flag bearer to do
> away with the office of flag bearer and hold a primary election two years
> before the 2011 presidential
> election so as to give room for popular consent to determine candidature. It
> endorses the maintenance
> of a spokesperson and the effecting of structural change to accord
> responsibilities and functions to
> members of the executive in particular and all members in general to promote
> collective leadership".
>
> Stay tuned for more publications on this submit....
> Demba
>

> On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 10:47 AM, <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>
>> If key members of the online community who were active in the process that
>> resulted in the formation of NADD now seem unclear as to whether Halifa
>> Sallah has resigned as NADD's Coordinator or not and by implication the
>> legal status of NADD, then Pa Nderry Mbai's editorial, however deficient it
>> may appear, should not be so easily discounted as childish. Therefore
>> the onus is on NADD or whatever is left of it, to come with an official
>> statement regarding the legal status of NADD.
>>
>> A. Koroma