GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ebrima ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Jun 2000 02:51:32 PDT
Gambia-L:

The e-mail below came from one of my sources working very close with the
President's Office.

Ebrima Ceesay
Birmingham, UK

Hello Ebrima,

All of us must understand the butchery regime we are dealing with. As I
listened and watched members of the L try to make sense out of the death of
Lieutenant Almamo Manneh, the trusted confidante of Yaya Jammeh who was
implicated in an alleged "coup conspiracy" some time ago, I had to wait
until the appropriate time to give you a simple explanation.

This may sound ridiculous [and it is ridiculous] unless you know the
psychological make-up of despot Yaya Jammeh. [By the way, I have seen a
secret psychological profiles of Jammeh, Army Chief of Staff Jatta and
Ousman Badjie].

Anyway, those who were/are close to him, especially Ebou Colley, can attest
to Yaya Jammeh's belief in the super natural: the "Jalang" mentality in
particular.

Now, the late Lt Almamo Manneh met his death, in part, if not entirely, to a
prominent businessman (name withheld by my source) who claimed to have had a
dream in which Almamo Manneh had betrayed Yaya Jammeh. The businessman
narrated his dream to Jammeh at State House.

After the businessman departed, he, Yaya Jammeh, called Almamo and recounted
his meeting with the businessman but assured Almamo Manneh that there was
nothing to worry about.

Now, Almamo, clearly worried and upset by what Yaya Jammeh told him, then
drove to the business man's residence in Serrekunda, where he (Almamo)
physically assaulted him in the presence of his wives and entire family. He,
Almamo, in fact pulled out a knife and threatened to kill him.

At the intervention of his (the businessman ) family and relatives, Almamo
retreated to Kanilai and started to repair the damage done to his friendship
with Jammeh by (and after) the revelation of "betrayal" purportedly in a
dream. Almamo Manneh knew that that was the end of him despite Jammeh's
assurances that there was not much in the dream.

Anyway, a few days after the businessman told Jammeh what he, the man, had
dreamt about, Yaya then Contacted Jatta and Badjie in particular to plot the
elimination of Lt Manneh because he, Jammeh, believed 100 per cent what the
businessman had told him!

Ebrima, the businessman is doing business in Banjul; he is a Gambian and the
incident was witnessed by several people, including some security personnel;
so the incident is easily verifiable. We have a leader who will kill if a
"Marabou" - or a fortune teller - tells him to do so: pure and simple.

So, my advise to the conspiracy theorists is not go beyond what I have said
here in search of motive(s) for the death of Almamo Manneh. May Allah, the
Almighty, continue to protect The Gambia from this satanic regime.

Thank you