GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Feb 2004 13:04:14 EST
You are right Habib, I am aware. I think that even the animists in Gambia do
infact marry more than one wife. Our Christian brothers at home also do
indulge in having partners on the side like most of the muslim brothers do even if
they have one wife as you mentioned. Then there is the issue of the U.S where
girl friends are kept in style by both officials and others as you mentioned.
There are infact many stories of men having two wives and two housholds right
here in the U.S, with the spouses not being aware of each other.
No wonder people like me are afraid to remarry.

Jabou