GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Jun 2000 18:42:31 EDT
In a message dated 6/18/00 3:55:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<< Killing those who
 set out to kill you is considered legitimate self defense even in Sharia. I
 know well meaning pacifist  would prefer somethingelse . To them I say with
 people like Yahya Jammeh your available options are nil. Tyrants the world
 over are not interested in genuine contest of ideas. What drives them is the
 raw exercise of power. In the process they treat the lives of dissenters and
 ordinary folk as expendable commodity that must be disposed off if and when
 it stands in their way.

Karamba
***************************
This is precisely the point. While I do understand the need  to adopt the
high road to removing these thugs, one cannot help but be constantly aware
that all that effort, correct as it may be, is falling not only on deaf ears,
but on ears that neither understand nor appreciate it because for them, it is
a matter of just raw power and how to hold on to it.

One cannot and will not get results trying to negotiate with, or debate
terrorists along constiutional guidelines.For them, It is a game of shifting
strategies every time they find themselves in a tight situation, but their
goal remains unchanged, no matter the disguise.

In the wake of the terroristic and lawless rampage on the Gambian people by
the July 22nd movement that was making the banditry of this regime plain as
daylight, they gave a semblance of disbanding the movement, a strategy
complete with Jammeh delivering his "I am innocent, and these guys are giving
me a bad name speech".

After the cold blooded murder of our children,  the combined pressure from
Gambians both at home and abroad, coupled with that of the international
community, again another  strategy.Jammeh appeared before the people in that
ridiculous denial speech to lay the blame elsewhere.

Some people seemed to buy these strategies, so they decided to move in for
the kill by announcing that there were plans underway to unban some political
parties.

In other words, give a semblance of dissolving the movement, but send a bunch
of them to Libya to  be trained in even more murderous tactics.Tell the
nation and the World that they are making plans to unban political parties
and give them a false sense of security. However, the motives are even more
sinister now.

It is now becoming apparent that the masterplan is to ambush and murder
Gambians as they go about exercising their constitutional  right of taking
their ideas to their fellow countrymen and women. The idea is to give the
World the impression that we are moving towards an atmosphere of tolerance
for the opposition parties, but the idea is to ambush and kill them before
they get a chance to meet them at the ballot box, and this with the help of
the notorious July 22nd movement that was supposedly disbanded.They, like the
soldiers who fired the shots at our children get their orders from on high.

The colours change, but it is the same deadly chamelion people, so let us pay
great attention.We continus t osay it, our nation has been highjacked by a
gand of lawless thugs, and they must go!

Jabou Joh