GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joe Sambou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 17:20:15 +0000
Kejau, thanks for your narrative and this confirms what I have said all
along.  It is not rocket science to figure out what Jammeh is doing.  Look
at who is who around him and see that the most influential are Jolas.  Then
he has another layer of a rainbow of the other ethnicities.  I'm talking
about the Baba Jobes, FJC, Joe Joof, and now Sheriff Dibba, and soon to come
on a TV set near you, Jawara, and a host of other gate keepers to neutralize
their respective ethnic groups.  This my friends is a Rwanda in the making.
The Jolas in the Armed Forces need to know that when the time comes not even
Yaya could save them.  Most likely, he may escape to some other country like
Moullah Omar, but they are going to face the music in the meantime, like the
rag tag of the Taliban.  Look at what happened after Doe, Amin, Boukassa,
Mobutu, and a whole host of African Criminals we call "Leaders" were killed
or flushed away.  Gambia is not going to be any different.  I know some may
volley back and sprinkle examples of a Mandinka, Fula, or Serer in this or
that position.  However, the fact remains that Yaya is a tribalist and this
my friends is going to be the straw that will break our back as Gambians.  I
am a Jola like all else, but the truth shall be told and if other Jolas see
me as selling out, then that is one title I will gladly accept.  Our
strongest asset as a nation is our unity and oneness as Gambians.  We should
not let anyone separate us by tribe, religion, or any other divisive
conspiracies.  One thing that the people have in their favor is TIME, and no
matter how fast one runs away, you will find yourself still in the midst of
the people.  I believe that a word to the wise is sufficient and for our
brothers and sisters in the country who are Jolas to remember that they are
one with their countrymen.  For those that think otherwise, continue your
ways, but don't say you were not told.  No condition is permanent and yours
certainly, is not and will not be an exception.  Did Milosevic ever dream of
his new residence?  You see, TIME took care of him.  You may not realize it,
but the time for the criminals in our country is ticking and as I write
their minutes have shortened.

Chi Jaama

Joe Sambou