GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Abdoul Njie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 19:44:26 +0000
Haruna,

You once asked me to share my thoughts with you.  Well, here it is with
total disregard to the conference organiser's deliberate and obvious attempt
to ignore you on this issue.

You remind of  MORR NDAJE:

LEKU  LO CHI NDAP LI - BUGA CHE TUUR SOOF.  In translation, You refuse to
eat from the bowl, but yet determined to throw some sand in it to deter
everyone else from eating just so that you can be seen as part of an effort
regardless of how devious it is.

Please note that AGERA has nothing whatsoever to do with this conference and
I therefore declare your assertion as baseless.

Are you afraid that this proposed conference by Musa, Kebba , Banka and
others might be successful to the extent that you are bent on making sure
that its end result is nothing but FIASCO , even if your aims and objectives
seems to be the same?

I think you should let the people decide where they want to go. Diasporans
and particularly Atlanta Gambians are smart enough to make their own
choices.

Having meetings at Sal’s office or opposite  has nothing do with AGERA,  and
might I add that AGERA members  like  Banka have the right to associate with
Save The Gambia Fund which you seem to have an issue with, just like others
can associate with the APRC.

The last time I read your forward from the seemingly patronizing private
email sent to you by Musa Jeng ,  you wrote with obfuscation  as shown
below.

“I will be quiet and allow you to have your conference lest I be taken as
being averse to a conference and I know how you like pomp and
pageantry,regardless of the reason theoreof or lack of purpose in calling
for gatherings. “

Might I also add  schemin and tomfollery?

Are you saying that you have now been taken as averse to the conference to
the extent that you are  presumptuous to declare an alliance between AGERA
and Goree just  like that without substantiation?

At the end of the day,  it should inherently be up to the people to decide
where it is they want to go on Saturday.  I also  see nothing wrong with
Goree trying to enhance its marketability , but I guess this is just the
FRIGGIN LEKBI talking.

In conclusion, the democracy you preach here as both a fundamental and
penetrating observer should not be based on intuition , but  rather on the
process of reasoning.

Best Regards,

Ablie Njie-LEKBI
Atlanta