GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ginny Quick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Apr 2009 11:34:57 -0400
Hmmm....  I'm called a pathologically sick liar?  And yet you
deliberately take my words out of context?

I mean, deliberately!  I did not say that Gambians were "different
than the rest of the human race".  I reproduce my quote below.

"The last time people told me I wasn't correct in my assertions, and
the last time that I asked for clarification, I never got any, just
another reassertion that I was wrong, and that even if I was told "the
truth" I'd never understand it anyway.  Because for some reason, that
no one has yet explained to me, Gambians are somehow so much more
different than the rest of the human race. "

What I've been told is that I'd not understand, because Gambians are
so "different", etc.  And if you'd have read further you'd have seen
where I said, And I just simply don't believe that.

So let me lay it out for you again.  I said that, when I have asked
questions, as I alluded to before, I've been told that "Gambians are
... " insert whatever you want, tribalist, politically immature, etc.,
and that no matter how hard I tried, I'd not be able to understand
them.  And I'm saying, that Gambians are much different from the rest
of humanity are they?  And I say, no I don't believe that!

You deliberately made it look like I said that "Gambians are somehow
different from the rest of the human race".  Which obviously I don't
think they are, but you were also the same person who said that I
thought my opinion was superior to that of Gambians because I used the
phrase "vantage point".

This is really unbelievable!  And we're talking about pathologically
sick people?

I don't think I'm the only one that fits into that character.

Anyway...  I do offer my apologies to all Gambians, if anyone
misunderstood what I said.  And I'm sorry that my opinions offended
anyone.  I'm sorry for being a nuissance, I'm sorry that being
outspoken offends anyone.  And I'm sorry that I don't hold Mr. Sallah
up to the standard that many think he deserves to be held up to.

And though I was trying to be conciliatory, my statements are taken to
mean that I'm once again attempting to derail the process of uniting
the opposition, and even if I may not have been the sole cause of
disuniting the opposition before, I don't want to be the cause of that
now.

So if it means that I need to keep silent, or disengage from the
discussion, or whatever, I'll do it.

I really am done with this issue and this list.  Because nothing good
is coming out of this.  Especially if all I do is cause groans of
disgust or howls of outrage every time my name shows up in someone's
inbox.

I may be a lot of things, stubborn, opinionated, sensitive, emotional,
pathological sick, whatever you want to say, but I've never meant any
ill will toward anyone.

And if what you're saying causes people to hate you, consider you a
nuissance, cuss you out, tell you to shut up, then this isn't really
the place you want to be.

Anyway, I hate writing messages like this, because I realize that it
makes me look childish and immature, however, at this point, no matter
what I do, I'm not going to look good.  I'll either be a coward for
running away, stubborn for comtinue to speak my mind, immature for
writing a post like this.

So anyway, I've been here for somewhere along ten years now, and I've
thought long and hard about leaving, and I think it's probably the
best thing for me and everyone else.  Especially if my presence causes
such consternation.

Anyway.  Take care all, and I'm sorry for any hurt or offense caused.
If I'm going to say anything, I'll keep it on my blog.

Ginny

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい