GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 25 Feb 2004 12:30:22 +0100
"The strategy of the guerilla struggle was to cause maximum chaos and destruction in order to render the government of the day very unpopular"

Lt. Gen. Kaguta Museveni (Leader of the NRA guerilla army in Luwero 1981-86)

----Original Message Follows---- From: Vukoni Lupa-Lasaga Reply-To: [log in to unmask] To: [log in to unmask] Subject: ugnet_: The northern tragedy: How can we help? Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 22:39:26 -0600

My dear brothers and sisters, Far too many defenseless and innocent Ugandans have lost lives, limbs, ears, noses, lips, and property in the last 18 years even as the NRM administration has internationally promoted the lie that our country is secure. Regardless of our political persuasions or who we believe is behind these massacres or should be held responsible for them, cann't we at the very least agree that enough is enough and bring pressure to bear on those fighting to respect lives. We need to send a clear message to Kony, Museveni and their spokesmen, as well as any other kalashnikovcrat wannabes that we don't want to see our country bl! eeding to death, literally. Especially those of us outside the country, isn't it possible for us to collectively through our community organizations condemn the massacres and the militaristic mindsets on both government and rebel sides that foments and permits the callous disregard for lives for political expediency? UNAA and all the other Diasporic Ugandan organizations, are we only good for partying? More practically, can't we mobilize resources (money, etc.) to send relief aid to the victims of these man-made disasters? Please let's do something. Thank you all.

vukoni ---