GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ebou Jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Feb 2004 23:58:21 -0800
Sister Fatou J-Ceesay,

Greetings and long time...:) I am quite bemused with the zeal you
have  garnered along the years since I last saw you in my office at
the State House some eight years ago...the sky is the limit for a
true believer. Congratulations!

However, I will differ with the rosy picture you intend to
demonstrate Yaya Jammeh's record.  Baba Jobe, Yaya and myself created
the APRC...you know the history.  I will be the first to tell you
that the APRC including Yaya Jammeh and myself have all failed the
Gambian people, betrayed the very platform that help "anoint" Yaya
and squandered the little public trust that the AFPRC ever enjoyed.
I do not hate Jammeh and never will...; but I can never forgive him
for denying justice to alot of Gambians from Koro Ceesay to Sadibou
Hydara.  The APRC has evolved into a very tenuous stage, and the best
that Jammeh can do for that country is to follow the footsteps of his
mentor JJ Rawlings.

Two terms in office is more than enough for any public servant.
Jammeh should be adviced to act honorable and show excellence in the
virtues of decency.  He is no longer the young lieutenant in the red
beret- He should stop the inflammatory public comments, execute the
true spirit of the constitution and stay faithful to his lost mantra
of Accountability, Transparency and Probity.

I hope you party faithfuls shall reach deep into your humanity and
advise him well.

Regards to Mr. Ceesay and the entire family.

Capt. Ebou Jallow

http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html