GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Saihou Mballow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 18:02:48 EDT
List members,
The UDP executive wishes to re-state its commitment to the principles of
freedom,Justice,Human Rights and Democracy.The party will come up with a
press Release as soon as posible.
The latest is that,The number of UDP officials and supporters charged with
the alledged murder charges has been reduced from 80 people to 25 people
including the Human Right Lawer Ousainou Darboe,his deputy Yaya
Jallow,Hon.Abou Karamba Gassama,a journalist Madi Ceesay of News and
Reports,Baba Drammeh,Sainey Jadama the sponsored candate of Illeyassa,three
women from Bakau and others.
Meanwhile,a group of lawers have filled a motion in the high court to secure
their release.
According to one official i spoke to in Basse,said that all these are
tactics of Jammeh to stop the June 26th,National Assembly from investigating
him.Yes,he is a corrupt dictator and me personally has said that through out
the Gambia-countrywide and will continue to say it.
This sure call murder charges cannot stop us as a credible opposition to go
a head with our motion in the National Assembly on the 26th.He tried Samuel
to tell lie to the whole nation-Gambia but that couldn't work.
Jammeh,we are no fools like you and your party.
Thanks for now,
Saihou
Sorry, i made some errors on the previous posting.Written in a hurry.