GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ebou Jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Jun 2000 15:48:34 EDT
I have been reading and analysing the various comments, frustrations and
common fulminations towards the evil Yaya Jammeh within the G-L community
and come to a very surprising observation.  G-L has all it takes to change
Gambia forever.  Honestly the Gambians do not need weapons or an "army" for
that matter to get rid of Yaya Jammeh. Infact an armed struggle could be
entirely counter productive if handled irresponsibly.  I am by profession a
"hawk" besides I have personal issues with Yaya Jammeh.  For your
information on two occassions a few years ago, I was in Brokhenspruit ( 30
minutes from Pretoria), South Africa, training with Executive Outcome
mercenaries who use to serve with the Special Magte, an elite force during
the Apartheid regime.  We went through some rigorous training with all kinds
of "violence" from assasinations, kidnapping to plastic explosives to
infiltrating the Gambia.  This program was very well financed, and it shall
be imprudent to reveal the sources but some prominent Gambians in the Uk and
US knew about it. We sent almost 20 spies to Banjul, who constanly kept me
updated about almost everything happening in the Army, NIA, and the
StateHouse itself.  Twice we attempted to strike, and almost succeeded in
one final attempt had it not for the greed of one Gambian businessman ( a
good friend of Samuel Sarr the "international financier") and of course
Abdou Diouf's ineptitude who eventually ordered my arrest and deportation
from Senegal.  I finally come to a surprising discovery that there could be
a viable alternative, via the internet in late 1999, to expose Jammeh's evil
government.  So far the rest is history today.  Since Jammeh's closure of
the "Voice Out" forum hosted by the Gambia Net, his government has been
going down hill very rapidly.
The essence of my comment is G-L has at its disposal a very powerful weapon
that can crush that devil in Kanilai.  I would advice that the advocacy of
violence should be a last resort.  Remember the Gambia now is a Garrisson
State that feeds on its own people with violent means.  To cripple Jammeh
you must attack his most vulnerable weakness, and that is his mortal moral
flaw.  The idiot has no moral basis to run the Gambia.  He is an evil lier,
a murderer, a kleptomaniac, a devil worshipper, a misogynist and a BIG
COWARD.  It takes moral will power to crush a demon not bombs and guns.  Pa
Dacosta is a remarkable example, my hero, whom all responsible Gambians
should emulate and build a solid cadre of "civil society" across the
political spectrum in the Gambia.  Evil is evil and honest Gambians who care
for their country more than themselves should speak out against it.  This
has been registered very well within G-L, and that catalysed Jammeh's
current downfall.  Keep up the good work and detest any temptation to
violence atleast for now.  JAMMEH WILL RUN VERY SOON WITHOUT A SINGLE GUN
SHOT.  The only language he understands is violence, so don't give him the
opportunity to express himself again.  Trust me he is only waiting for that
opportunity in other to declare a state of emergency and delay the struggle
against him. The Army, as I am very well informed, will be very reluctant to
use its weapons against the people again.  They hate Jammeh as the rest of
us.
Our first priority now is to court the Senegalese Government and sensitize
them about our democratic and peaceful concerns in the Gambia and the
subregion.  G-L should write a letter similar to the one written to
President Clinton registering the appraisal of our common heritage and
commitment for democracy, peace and the rule of law; condemn the immoral and
evil government of Jammeh which augurs no well for the peace and stability
of the subregion to speak less of Cassamance; categorically emphasize our
common human rights concerns with respect to Jammeh's brutalitarian regime,
highlighting the students massacre of April, US reports to congress, the
Amnesty International reports and the testimonies of prominemt Gambians.  I
would seriously emphasize that the Senegalese government should be
persistently engaged and consulted to generate their goodwill and positive
collaboration in our struggle.  Folks the instrumental key is Senegal and
not UK or the US Government.  I am a giving this advice after serious
consultations with alot of people in high authority in the US.

Ebou Jallow
Washington, DC