GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ebrima Ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 23:24:48 GMT
Baboucarr Sillah:

I am predicting a Holland/France final. Yes, Portugal has a very good side,
especially offensively, but I do not think that they are that much good
defensively. I am of the view that the combination of Thierry Henry and
Nicolas Aneilka would tear the Portuguese defence into pieces.

And what about that French midfield genius called Zenidine Zidane? But,
Sillah, you are 100 per cent right: Luis Figo is a very fine player.
Actually, I am a fan of Figo, and in fact I believe that technically, he is
even far more skillful than David Beckam. Even the great Ronaldo of Brazil
and Inter Milan says he is a fan of Luis Figo. But I believe France would
still win the match at the end of the day.

I also think that Holland will beat Italy in the other semi-final. Italy has
a good side, but Patrick Kluivert and Marc Overmars would be unstoppable.
And as for Edgar Davids, he is so good that even Sir Alex Fergusson, the
Manchester United Manager, is trying to buy him right now; but it seems
Juventus does not want to sell him.

Ebrima