GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joe Sambou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 2004 22:39:17 +0000
Saul, good question but I don't know if they can do that.  Usually crooks
like Tariq can be hard to track once they are on the go.  For all we know
the dude might be crouching right in our backyard -Senegal or Guinea.  It
would have been ten times easier if they tried to recover their money while
he was in Gambia.  What is more puzzling, did the government consult with
the two banks and other unrevealed creditors before whisking him out of
town?  I highly doubt that, given the criminal empire that is the APRC.
However, the banks knew he was in custody and am pretty sure they had some
snippet of knowledge about what was hatching - thus my collusion theory.   I
smell a rat in this one and I hope we do not just carry on, business as
usual because Tariq owes us millions of dollars in taxes and for using our
money via Yaya Jammeh to do business.

But, then again, the banks got what they deserved for cuddling a criminal at
the expense of Gambians.  This is something we need to address with the
commercial banks in the country.  Part of the reason why our economy is
stagnant is the discriminatory practices of these banks.  You have a small
cadre of crooks/business folk that have gobbled up the credit facilities in
the country, thus, the same faces you see when you talk about business in
that country, and its passed down to the sons and daughters.  You and I have
a vested interest in that country but try walking into those banks to get a
loan and see the treatment you receive.  But folks like Tariq would just
walk right in and come out with all kinds of guarantees.  Folks, that needs
to stop.  We cannot allow economic discrimination by our own people in our
own backyard.  At some point we are going to investigate the drug dealing
activities of these so-called business folk and I'm pretty sure their are
some among us that can help us with that information.  I bet you for every
Ndene Faal, there is a Tariq some where - protected.

Chi Jaama

Joe Sambou

>From: SULAYMAN BAJO <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: Tariq Musa Leaves Huge Debts Behind
>Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 13:41:36 -0800
>
>Just a question, since Standard Chartered Bank and the
>International Bank of Commerce are International
>Banks, woundn't they have the right to demand/recover
>their money from Mr. Musa whereever his?
>
>Saul

>Yahoo! SiteBuilder - Free web site building tool. Try it!
>http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/

>Web interface

Click here for a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfee.