GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ebrima Ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Jun 2000 19:41:11 GMT
Gambia-L:

As usual, this e-mail came from one of my sources in the Gambia.

Ebrima Ceesay

Hello Ebrima,

I would like you to help me here with regard to Yaya Jammeh and Co: Ebrima,
seriously speaking, what are "these people"? Are they day-light robbers and
killers? Or what? Well, I certainly believe that they are both and, needless
to say, there is in fact ample evidence to back my assertions.

Take SoS Sedat Jobe as an example. Ebrima, because of his never-ending
travellings, his overseas trips alone cost the Gambia Government D7million
Dalasis, excluding of course his per diem. Presently, the Government is
owing Olympics Travels D7 million dalasis in connection with Dr Sedat Jobe's
travellings overseas.

Meanwhile, as I write this piece, Dr. Sedat Jobe is in Paris, and from
Paris, he goes to Luanda, Angola. For what, I don't know. May be, some
diamond deal in the offing. Anyway, from Luanda, he goes to Kuala Lumpur,
Malaysia and from Kuala Lumpur, he travels to New York. Then from New York
to Paris; from Paris to Brussels; and finally from Brussels to Banjul.

Banjul for probably a day and he is off again. HE WILL BE GONE THIS AROUND
FOR SEVEN WEEKS. Ebrima, this is the story of Sedat Jobe and Yahya Jammeh.
For your information, when the bill came from Olympic Travels in connection
with Dr Sedat Jobe's travellings, it was over D7 million dalasi, including
his previous outstanding bills. And his per diem, as I said earlier on, is
not even included in the D7 million.

The Government is virtually broke and it is even believed that the
Government will not be able to meet its salary bill for the month of
November 2000 if not sooner. EBRIMA, THIS GOVERNMENT MUST GO.