GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mansour Ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jun 2000 11:09:39 +0100
Asalamu alaikum Gambia-L,
Like others on the List I just want to comment on the
posting of Essa.  I can understand your anger and
frustration at Fatoumata Jahumpa and the government she
represents.  We are all worried sick with the trend of
things back home. It seems instead of repenting the
government is preparing to commit more atrocities as
exemplified by the incidents in Basse in the last few days.

However, we should still be civil in our approach.  You
can't change people by yelling at them let alone insult
them and their parents.  I also like to say that the 'D'
word used has nothing to do with Islam in that context.  I
think as despicable and servile as her actions might be,
Essa you owe her an apology.

Have a pleasant day

MMC