GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Solomon Njai <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 2000 22:10:21 EDT
The NY Group got the erroneous information on the arrival of Ex-SOS Kabba
Bajo [seeking political asylum in USA] and Yankuba Touray heading a
16man/woman delegation via JFK Airport with Air Afrique on Sunday night.
After a quick mobilization, an alert notice was sent to INS at JFK to lookout
for Kabba Bajo, as there's an ongoing inquest and commission of inquiry into
the massacre of Gambian students, hence, he Kabba, should be denied entry
into the USA. About    25 Gambians converged at the airport counting on more
support of Gambians and Africans gathered at the arrival and departure
lounges, but we were sadly informed that, Kabba Bajo was not with the
delegation, instead, Mrs. VP ['that lady' as Saul Khan would call her], SOS
Yankuba Touray and 5 other personnel, switched flights and arrived with
Sabena at 1.30pm instead of Air Afrique at 9.15pm. I don't know what the
coincidence were but, the NIA agents within us are hard at work. Apparently,
the delegation are attending the International Women's Conference at the UN
and Gambia had the platform this morning 10am, but the delegation will be
around for a week. We're trying to organize/demanding a meeting with Mrs. VP
[that lady] and SOS Yankuba Touray to either address the Gambian community or
some representatives of various collective groups around the NY metro
area.For more info, call the Gambia Mission to the UN: 212 949 6640