GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ebrima Ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 14:02:01 GMT
Gambia-L:

An encouraging e-mail with some information on Simon Talibou Sanneh from a
well respected and sincere Gambian.

Jabou Joh: I enjoyed reading your commentary on the Cheyassin stuff. Keep it
up! It was good. I have to say that I've been missing your useful postings
these past days.

Ebrima Ceesay

Dear Coach,

I am really enjoying the interesting debate on the L, particularly Cheyassin
Secka's insistence on putting Ousainou Darbo in custody at whatever cost. I
very much like the stance that you people have taken on it. It is indeed our
collective responsibility to ensure that these morons are not allowed to
bring chaos to our peaceful country. I am sorry that I am not on the L at
the moment, but I want you to please extend my own little knowledge of Simon
Talibo Sanneh. At the time of the '81 coup, he was one of the 'garage boys'
at the Bakau carpark in
Banjul, and it was there that Kukoi picked him up to join his council of the
revolution. After he was released from jail with Cheyassin Secka, he became
his driver, which position he still maintains to this day. He drives
Cheyassin's personal benz.