GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Binneh Minteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Feb 2004 16:40:52 -0500
WORLD BANK REPORT NO.25436-GAMBIA-WHY INVESTORS ARE ARE SCARED!

OPTV is back again and this time we want to authenticate our postings on
the Alimenta case and protecting other potential investors by quoting from
a world bank report as cited on the  above topic.

Risks and Mitigation...

Article 97(Page 30)-"The Gambia faces continual risks a small economy
based on primary products and subject to irregular rains.This risk can
only be addressed by trying to make the economy as robust and diversified
as possible,
which requires good governance,an attractive investment climate and good
management of public resources.These are objectives of the CAS,but there
are internal risks which could affect its success".

OPTV'S version:See the underlined part and tell us if that suits a system
that left the head of the forex dept at the central bank to release our
reserves thus compete those pulloh futas at the Serekunda black market(
Cambio wechel schemes for years!!!),then see YDE evading customs duties
from 1994,then those returns that YDE was receiving helped maintain the
NEW millenium,the so-called president's aricraft,then the  hiring of jets
and then buying bottles of peppper for D3000.00?
The world bank after hearing about mad Yahya's so-called Allah's bank gave
him a long rope to hang is shameless neck in public!
Allah's wrath never misses those who attempt using his name in a fake way!
Where is Sadam Hussein he even used Allah's name on his flag and then he
was dancing with girls in his palaces! Allah has helped the US soldiers
arrest Sadam and they pulled him out of a spider hole.Well where was Mad
Yahya when these things were taking place from 1994 to date? Kuru
Konjira,Tarik Musa and Baba Jobe are vomiiting everything in the open!

Article 98(page 30)...

"The Principal risk for the implimentation of effectiveness of CAS is the
Government's willingness(?) to pursue reform in a sustainable and
consistent manner..."

OPTV'S version: Look at that! if this not a disgrace then what is? The
world bank was wooried because they knew that the words that they heard
from a thief's mouth were not going to catch other thieves in all honesty.

"This could affect the Gvt's ability to maintain a stable macro
environment and focus expenditures on the priority sectors identified in
the PRSP..,"

OPTV'S version:Is this not a clear indication that shows why our mad man
was panicked and then is trying hard to use others as scape goats?
According to some policiy analysts that OPTV meets and talk to within the
world and IMF premises such  remarks are sent to gvts that have been
involved in very deep corruption scandals.From top to bottom!
The world bank experts know that cleaning such systems involves a lot of
political risks!

"As explained above there are significant weaknesses in the process of
budget formulation,execution and reporting.Fiscal deficits grew again in
2002,yet despite increased expenditures,the funding of priority sectors
has not been as strong in recent years as pojected. The gvt must thus keep
fiscal control in an environement of falling trade revenues and increasing
expenditure demands stemming from the PRSP. IDA will be providing
technical assistance to strengthen expenditure controls and monitoring
along with the IMF and DFID.The bank will prepare with DFID a CFAA
(FYO3),which will further define the agenda for reform in these areas.The
CFAA will be followed by a PER(FY04) and a CPAR(FY05).

OPTV'S version...Gambians can read the above and the tell us where the
good performance of our so-called gvt has been mentioned in all honesty!
The world bank has refined diplomats and sound economists who use cleaned
langauge however,the one above could be hidden.It is plain.Here we can see
the lackeys and cronies tell us that Gambia is to compete for MCA-
Millenium Challenge Account.Is the above report promising for people who
want to start a race that  will last for 1,996 years from now?!
MCA and AGOA are linked to politics but there are other economic factors
that cannot be helped without the necessary condiments!
Mad Yahya makes OPTV laugh aloud and he will certainly know that the
hidden forces cannot be handled by his cronies.
In our next postings we will analyse article 19 of the same paper.That one
is full of pieces that will cause serious depression for Gambian who
really care for their country.

Binneh S Minteh
New York University