GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sanusi Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 11:11:16 +0000
Ndey

Thanks for this!

I have been following the events as well. I understand
his former Deputy Rtd Major Djan Boakye has already
sent a draft response to the alleged human rights
abuses that occurred during the days of AFRC era.
Though Djan seem to be in the defensive, he still has
a lot of questions to answer.

With regard to JJ's testimony, I can't wait to read
his scrib. Perhaps, you should forward us a copy once
it is made available to the public.

By the way are you aware that there is website which
deals with the alleged crimes committed by Rawlings
and Co please check this site;
/www.prosecute-rawlings.com

Keep us informed about the latest developments

Sanusi

--- Ndey Jobarteh <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

---------------------------------

G_Lers,

As i am writing this mail, we are listening to the J J
Rawlings testimony to the Truth and Reconciliation
Council in Ghana. He was called to testify and he
refused and he has been Supoena by the court to
appear. THe whole of Ghana is at stand still and and
everyone is listening to his testimony.

I said to myself i wish this was broadcast to other
African countries for our leaders to watch. You can
see the pain in him and the anger that he has to
answer to these alligations. Time to time he was
remindered to observed and follow the procedures.  Of
course he tried to clear himself and make his
subonates and security officers responsible.  Two days
ago it was his Chief Security Captain Kojo Chikata,
who narrative some nasty and brutal killing of three
judges and many others.

Security is high at present due to the crowd because
there are many people who are hurt and those who lost
their families due to Rawling's Dictatorship. People
are scared that if these people have access to him
they will definately kill him.

There are lots of lessons to learn from this. I must
that everyone had access to watch this.

The Struggle Continues

Ndey Jobarteh

to the Gambia-L Web interfaceat: