GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bamba Laye Jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 2000 10:36:56 -0700
Beran,

Thanks for that good news!

Atleast we know that the possibility of a coaliton is in PDOIS' coffers (as
implied by Halifa). That is a positive sign. The major concern with having
to wait for the incumbent APRC to lose majority (>50%) of votes is that APRC
diehards will tend to take things to the extreme when they come to find out
that the chances are slim to none for them to win a second round of votes.
As long as we have people like Baba Jobe and his group on the ground, don't
rule out mayhem in the wake of APRC going down the drains. I hope and pray
that a second round of votes, if it comes to that, will be as peaceful and
flawless as our Senegalese brothers did. Therefore, to eliminate any chances
of chaos and mayhem perpetuated by these APRC thugs, let there be a
coalition party from the unset. This, I hope, will guarantee that the APRC
gang will be wiped out in the very first round of elections. It is quite
obvious that the thugs have lost their grip of all conscientious voters, so
this is a chance for the opposition to get rid of them without much hassle.
Yes, Dr. Saines' document has very salient points which can be annexed into
any coalition proposition.

Once again, I urge all to embark on convincing all active opposition leaders
to consider a coalition before the elections. This, I believe, is the only
sure way to get rid of these pests. We can come up with an excellent
proposition initiated here on this forum from which they can draw. It has
been done before, I see no reason why we cannot.
I may be looking at the issue from one side only, so correct me guys. I am
open to suggestions and rectifications. I just have this strange twicth in
my head that a coalition amongst the opposition should work, given the
current situation on the ground.

Let's stand up to the challenge my people! Our experienced political
scientists, doctors, intellectuals, journalists, activists and voters, let's
get to work for a better homeland. Here's a chance we cannot afford to miss.
Even those of us drawn into such political discussions purely due to our
frustrations can make a huge difference. Politics have never been part of
vocabulary, but like most of you, I'm PO-ed by what's going on back home. I
owe it to my conscience to RISE UP, SPEAK UP AND LIVE UP against the the
tyranny we're exposed to.

Enjoy your day.

Abdoulie A. Jallow
Send money to anyone,via e-mail. Free & secure.
https://secure.paypal.com/refer/pal=ajallow%40usd.edu