GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
kalilu camara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jun 2000 02:45:41 GMT
My Dear Fiends,
Your intentions of goodwill is decumented in the history of our beloved
nation. Gambia sure has decreed special blessings for those who care about
her and those who respect her living.Receive these words in good faith.I
believe that the power of change is in the hands of god and the forgivers
and partners in caring.
     Behold let us speak in words of kindness and mutual respect understand
and love.I for one i believe,i suspect must of you  believe  too,in the
grace of heaven,that  truth, justice and the power of God
are timeless,that the light of heaven is embracing our late brothers
and sisters in in their final place of rest,may we find them there in Gods
grace.There is no doubt they lost there existence in a bid to get justice
for their brother and sister;there is no doubt their lives where cut short
by their own fellow Gambians who may claim to be in our circle of
brotherhood.HOw a brother could turn against another and blow their jaws
away is beyoung the grasp of my limited imagination!
But there is no doubt in my mind that those who lost their lives in the
defend of the rights of their own fellow humanbeings are the true
'UNKNOWN SOLDIERS' of the Gambia and anywhere in the universe for that
matter.
      Brothers and Sisters of goodwill,let us not dwell on the past
alone,for that mental exercice have proven to be fruitless!Let us forcus our
collective imagination on the present and on the goal of securingall souls
remaining now,through peaceful and constructive means.
      Let us use the past as trees use the sunlight,to draw our energy
to move forward, the fact that the struggle is here means we are not
hopeless.
       In time God may make it all easier to understand the experiences
we have endured and continue to face together.For now we have little choice
but encourage each other that only God has brought us this far and by His
devine will we shall go much further hand in hand!
  I believe that today in The Gambia there is emerging a newpathway
of peace forgiveness tolerance and mutual understanding that will in
a short time soon transform our collective loss to a national
transformation.This promised land will unfold amist difficulty pain loss and
grief.we must never never never for a second loose sight of this land!
    Let us bury our fears as we buried our  lost siblings. Let us
bury all fears of the future, of burdens and debts,of suffering.
Above all let us remove from the sanctuary of our minds all thoughts of
unkindness,bitterness,resentment and gloom;for we certainly do not want
these to multiply!They must be washed off our minds, for what is allowed to
stay in our minds will grow,therefore we must make it a
priority to think on things that we want to grow in the Gambia.
This way they will come to bear fruit.
  All powers on this planet and the heavens are in the hands of a God who
does not live in anyones pocket!
  Let us receive each other in the true spirit of brotherhood and
tolerance.If we could find it in us to forgive each other and allow
each one to express their self the way they know how and bring our
collective concern to the noble table of love i believe that the grace of
God will see us through!
To be afraid we must not believe in God!To be strong we have little choice
but put HIM first.
God has given even his trees the grace of sunlight for a free source of
energy,He has given us his spiritual grace as a source of unlimited
energy and strength.Let us learn from the trees and access his presence by
opening our hearts wide open to all His creatures that feel especially each
other! He will without a doubt give us the wisedom
we need and the intelegence not only to love each other but to understand
each others language and actions.
  This way a leader will not look low on himself by treating his subjects
like their muscles were made  of wood and their words a noisy moment not to
be reckoned with. This way the leader will not be the punishment but the
source of love, understanding and a source of optimism.
   This way i wont be judged, all my words here in and after come right from
my heart cuz aint a doubt in my soul iam hurting like all of you for the
motherland!
           Sincerely yours
            kalilu camara