GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Elow Wole <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jun 2000 18:48:17 GMT
Mr. Ebrima Ceesay!  In one of your postings, you wrote as follows:

The Prophet Muhammed (SAW), as we all know, was initially rejected by his
own people, but, subsequently, he carried the day! My day will come!

I see in you another Charles Dickens.  Can someone tell me how you managed
to fit in 5 commas and 2 exclamation marks in ONE SENTENCE, and yet call
yourself a good writer.  God forbid that I ever read your novel.

Your last posting expresses a lot of frustration coming from an amateur
writer.  And the line that really got me reads as follows:

"Why is it that some Gambians do not want people who are nice/gentle like
me?"

You might want to throw that question back at yourself coz I  do not have an
answer to your question brother.  I can only extend to you my best wishes in
your quest for identity.

Essa Thomas