GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Edie Sidibeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Oct 2006 17:37:34 +0100
Thanks Mr. Forster, for your knowledgeable contribution to the issue, However, I am indifference to your input on the SWOT analysis that there is no rule as how the analysis are presented. At the same time you have contradicted yourself by pointing out that since each entity has its own peculiarity. If each and everyone of the factors has its own peculiarity. why shouldn't there be a rule on how their presentations are made. Please educate me by pointing out a marketing text book that matches your elaboration on the presentation of the SWOT analysis.

  You have also pointed out an interesting point if I understood you right, that swot is an appraisal system to critical diagnoses an entity or planned entity (that is yet to be created)??? No No No, those entities are already there before the creation of the SWOT analysis or SWOT analysis is created to deal with those diagnoses. Way down the line of your presentation, you have mention something like avoidance, but how can you avoid a natural course, how can you avoid something which is not under your control? If you are able to convince other countries not to involve in tourism business then you don't need to analysis of SWOT in their own unique way.

  Away from business strategy, you as a human being, have some strength, Weaknesses as well as Opportunities and threat, but without identifying them systematically. That is, "one after the other", you might end up confusing yourself on which one is your strengths from the weaknesses as well as confusing others who are to judge you. for example, you went to look for a job and the employer asked you about your strength and weaknesses, is it not wise to respond as such, my strength are bla bla bla and the weaknesses bla bla bla?.

  Hope to continue this useful topic further with restrain and wishful thoughts
  again thank for your input with respect
  Edi

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい