GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Edie Sidibeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Feb 2004 16:06:24 +0000
Sister Jabou,

You know what worries me here is the fact you don't understand either what I am saying or you just wanted to be as you always are. How can I explain myself and stance to someone who want to be difficult even if not necessarily required. What I am trying to say is the fact that, what benefit will you get from those? You need to build an objectives on how to get jammeh out of power, what means to use toward the objectives, Remember we have to position ourselves firmly to get ready for any kind of battle, and prices to pay will have to be considered, the place (whereby a better segment can be achieved) most not be forgotten and the "products" (which is democracy rule of law etc). how to get to our objective. Should we take a gun or should we hate yahya or should we face our computer and insult them day in and day out. What is your point here? Say and do whatever you feel but your have the head to think as well of the consequence and their side effect not to you personally but to the
 people on the ground too. I don't care whatever you say I just want be me NO FEAR FOR A TRUTH OR WHAT I THINK IS JUST, I CAN DEBATE ON IT TILL WILL GET TO OUR STANCE AND MAKE IT BE UNDERSTOOD. NOTHING PERSONAL SISTER.
EDIE

Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Edi,

You seem fixated on this "insult the president" issue. I have come to the
conclusion that for you, expressing my views and calling the APRC regime and
Jammeh what they are, tyrants and dictators is what you call insulting them. I
hope that you will learn how a democracy is supposed to operate one day soon.
Just support those who have the courage and the conviction to fight on behalf of
all Gambians, yourself included and you may both learn and enjoy the benefits
of a true democratic government one day. If you would rather straddle the
fence for self preservation by telling us that you are against the regime but have
spent all your time on this list defending them, then we have seen the likes
of you by the dozens, they are the ones who nurture the subjugators of their
own all over the African continent, but we will still fight on your behalf for
the sake of everyone else.

Now, most importantly, if you are so convinced that what I have been doing is
insignificant and no one is listening to me and Jammeh is all powerful, then
what is your worry Edi? Seems to me that if you really belived that, you need
not spend time debating me on that issue and informing me of this or is this
your startegy of planting this amusing idea of yours into peoples' mind? I
think those likely to pay attention to this infantile campaign of yours are
already worshipping Jammeh so you need not devote any precious time to it because
it is akin to preaching to the choir.
All you need to do is ignore me and my tirades and be secure in your
knowledge that
what I and people like me are doing is insignificant. That's certainly what
I would do if I were you because then what possible harm could I bring into
such a secure situation huh?

Jabou Joh