GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Musa Jeng <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Mar 2007 04:35:59 +0000
Folks:

I will be sending communications STGDP had with opposition parties during our journey through the coalition effort.  From these communications, they may help explain some of the role and realities STGDP had to navigate.

Note: I might have shared this information in the past.

From: STGDP

TO: NADD

STGDP Mission:  to contribute in bringing the institutions of democracy to the shores of the Gambia. We will continue to pursue this goal through peaceful political means. To help us achieve this aforementioned mission, we have made a strategic decision to support a coalition of opposition parties. This is seen as the only hopeful strategic political scenario to achieve the set mission.

STGDP as an organization, it is important to highlight the reality we operate within. Some of our key players are supporters of UDP, NDAM, PDOIS, PPP and NRP. Thus, one can see that the survival of this coalition can have a direct impact to the effectiveness and even survival of our STGDP as we know it. Our fundamental role is to raise the necessary funds, and finance the upcoming elections in 2006. We can only be an effective force in this role if we have a coalition of all the parties, and the unwavering enthusiasm from the key players: Halifa Sallah, Waa Juwara, Omar Jallow, Ousainou Darboe and Hamat Bah.

STGDP recognizes the political reality we find ourselves in. We will continue to contribute financially, to share and exchange ideas with NADD, and to do everything legal and within our power to bring about a peaceful democratic change in the Gambia, come 2006. Find stated below, a list of reminders, not demands, that STGDP would like our coalition partners to acknowledge and keep in mind as they forge out their course of action from this point forward:

A.	Select a Flag bearer now without the controversy, and the unwavering support of all parties and their supporters.
B.	Select a Running Mate to balance the ticket and give us the political victory.
C.	NADD to make it absolutely clear to the government, IEC and Gambians that they will not accept anything less than a free and fair election.
D.	NADD is to make it categorically clear to President Jammeh that there will be a price to pay for actions and decision that contravene the constitution and the laws of the Gambia.

Finally, STGDP is only committed to NADD and what is stipulated in the MOU. For us NADD means the composition of UDP, PPP, NRP, NDAM and PDOIS. Together, we will bring change to Gambia come 2006.

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい