GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jassey Conteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 06:14:51 +0800
Dear Comrades:

I am soliciting your support in helping our party furnish some needed office supplies at our party headquarters. As you know, we've joined hands with the government of The Gambia as a symbolic gesture in developing our country.  We must redouble our efforts in making sure that our marriage with the APRC will be an asset for The Gambian people.

Ever since our impregnation, we have remained a loyal
opposition in Gambian politics.  We were almost extinguished after the 1981 aborted coup, as we
remained a vital force in Gambian politics to the surprise of many.  It is therefore our responsibility in bringing our party back to the glorious years of mature opposition.

We cannot remain silent.  We must offer our support to
Hon. Speaker Sheriff M. Dibba, Mr. Jibou Jagne, and the rest of the NCP leadership.

I am suggesting that we buy a computer for our party.
We should also launch a website in the interest of bringing our party to the path of information technology era.

With our support, NCP will remain strong.  We hope that under the leadership of our party leader, we can continue to engage in politics of inclusion.  We believe that we are one tribe, and one Gambia.  We denounce confrontational politics.  We embrace national development because The Gambia is our country.  We must take the high roads for constructive engagement.  Politics of ignorance will only set The Gambia back.

Please feel free to send me a private mail on this urget matter.

Sincerely,

Muhammad Lamine Jassey-Conteh
Greensboro, NC/Kombo East Constituency.