GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Momodou Camara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 May 2005 20:13:50 -0300
Thanks for the information Latjor.

I feel very sad to hear that it is the same Francis Njie from GESO and
GambiaNet Inc. transition teams who had passed away. We have had a lot of
correspondence from 1996 to 2000 through the above teams. Although I have never
met him in person, he sound very competent and modest.

Please extend my sincere condolences to his family. May his soul rest in peace.

Momodou Camara

On 25 May 2005 at 5:07, africa fest wrote:

> Yes Momodou, the very same one.... ndeysaan!
> I do think that was a time whenhaving gambianpapers onlline was way ahead of its
> time. While I await more credible voices to givean obituary and tribute to this
> brother, I wish to just give a tad bit more details on the 'Dem si Yalla si" as
> I've been getting several inquiries in private. Francis Degaulle Njie was 32 yrs
> old. Agraduate of St. Augustine's High Schoolwho went on toGambia HighSixth
> form. A brilliant chap who broke the GCE records in sciences. here inUSA,
> attended Massachusettes Institute of Technology (MIT - Boston) and had a bright
> future ahead of him. He was above all else a source of inspiration for many
> Gambians, old an young, for his incredible feats. Took ill and was battling
> cancer these past few years. His lastinglegacy ought to be that he showed us of
> our potential... of our possibilities... That human intelligence and its
> capacity to acheive is not beyond the grasp of Gambians! May he rest in eternal
> peace. latjor

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい