GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Abdoulie Jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Oct 2007 13:06:14 -0700
Breaking News: The Gambia Echo Interviews Rambo
Jatta<http://thegambiaecho.com/Homepage/tabid/36/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/831/Default.aspx>

*"I'll Continue To Speak My Mind And Fight For My Rights"- Rambo told The
Echo*

* *

*Ebrima G. Sankareh, Editor-in-Chief *

Ousman Jatta (a.k.a. Rambo) the United Democratic Party's ward Councilor for
Bakau Cape Ward has been released from illegal detention by the autocratic
regime of President Yahya Jammeh after 385 days. Until we bring you the
exclusive interview with photographs on Monday, we will just give you the
gist of his narration:

*Time Line In Captivity (Rambo's Prison diary):*

1. I was first detained at Bakau station for 20mins;

2. I was transferred to Gunjur Police station where for *two weeks* I was
kept in a dark cell, leaking roof and mosquitoes preyed on me. I contracted
malaria and throughout my sickness, I was refused medical attention.

3. I was then transferred to Sibanor Police station where *I met Master
Tamba Fofana* who had a severe sore on one leg and was due for amputation.
No sooner had I arrived at Sibanor than Fofana was transferred to where? I
don't know. I stayed at Sibanor *for two weeks* with little or no food most
of the time while my malaria was worsening. At one time I thought I was
dead!

4. One day I was handcuffed and transferred to Fatoto some 300km in the
country's Upper River Region. My sickness, the handcuffs and the bad roads
were enough to kill me before we made it to Fatoto. I was escorted by three
agents with AK-47 riffles all the way to Fatoto. I was detained at Fatoto
under degrading conditions *for 2 months and 3* days then they transferred
me to Sare Ngai Police Station. I never had medical attention. I think the
malaria disappeared with divine intervention.

5. At Sare Ngai my feeding depended on the whims and caprices of the
officers on duty. Some would give me food and others did not bother. I was
there *for 9 moths* until Saturday morning October 13th. 2007 when the
Officer commanding the Basse Area, Mr.Sawaneh broke the news to me that he
had been instructed from atop to let me out. At the time of Sawaneh's
arrival, most of the officers had gone to the Eid Congregational prayers.
Once I was let go there was no vehicle to take me back to Bakau. I used the
mobile phones of one officer and called home. Arrangements were made and a
car was rented for me at *D6000.00*. I drove at breakneck speed *120km per
hour* but by the time I got to Barra Ferry Terminal on the North Bank it was
11:00pm so I slept at Barra until Sunday morning (today) and drove to Bakau
arriving here at 11Am.

**

*Editor's Note: We will bring you the full interview with photos of Rambo.
Our reporters observed that Rambo has pimples all over the body and he
continuously scratched his legs and hands *during the interview.

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい