GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Saihou Mballow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Jun 2000 04:23:58 EDT
Saul,
First of all,i will like to thank you and Dampha for your wonderful
contributions to this forum.My thanks also goes to Jamila Shashu an
AfricanAmerican who has a good intention for the entire African
continent.She is always concerned when there is trouble in Africa.
Saul, as you and Cherno Baba lamented,the UDP leaders and supporters are
being bullied and tortured, but let me tell you, we will from now on never
condone any form of intimidation or harassment on the Gambian people.We will
play the game according to the rules.The dictatorship must end and democracy
fully restored.The UDP will not allow Jammeh to turn Gambia into those days
of apartheid- South Africa.
We will continue to investigate and question Yahya Jammeh about any single
butut he stole from the Gambians.There is no justification to how he can
give out 21 vehicles,40 tractors,own a garden that have 11 boreholes,keep
1.7million US Dollars in switzerland,build a mansion in Kanilai within
5years while his Government cannot purchase farmers' produce.UDP will
continue to investigate this rampant corruption.
In another development,we learnt that 9 civil servants have been sacked
yesterday at Basse for being accused of sympathetic to the UDP.Now, every
honest Gambian can judge whether Yahya wants Gambians to be unite or
disintegrate.How can someone working for the Government before Yahya was
born, can just be sack for no tangible reason.He is doing so because now he
knows nobody wants him where he is except those after their selfish
interest.
The APRC is fully aware that the UDP can get them out of the ballot box when
there is a free and fair ,election.They have no choice but to intimidate and
harass the Gambian,what a shame?.
  The UDP will come up with a press release by monday,explaining the
cowardly circumstances that led to the june 17,terrorist attacked.Some
Lybian decuments belonging to the thugs were discovered during the
clashes.The decoments shows that some of the thugs were in Lybia for
terrorist training under Baba Jobe for some times.We will expose this to the
internationalcommunity.
Meanwhile,onbehave of the UDP leadership,i will like to thank everyone for
your support and sympathy to the party during the officials detention.
Thanks
Saihou