GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lamine Conteh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 07:07:22 -0500
Comrades:

During a meeting on July 4, 1999 in Atlanta, an ex-soldier said to me:
"Tamsir Jasseh will be fired and later charged will trying to overthrow the
illegal government."  He did not understand why Tamsir would be part of a
government that is bent on lies and deceit.

I have been wondering when Mr. Jasseh would come to the realization that
the dictator will never accept any professional Gambian to change the very
fabric of governance that he (dictator) vehemently opposes.  Another
distrust of Tamsir, is the fact that he may be a spy for the American
government.  We are duty bound to help our country, but we must be careful
to not associate ourselves with a government that killed innocent Gambian
students.  Tamsir, with all duty respect, never voiced his opinion on the
tragic death of Gambian students.  Some witnesses testified that he was
present when some of the students were killed.

I want to let the members of Gambia-L know that we must be sincere in our
analysis on Tamsir Jasseh.  He was part of yahya's nonsense and had a role
in the death of innocent Gambian students.  He never provided the people
his assertion of the events and his disapproval.  Mr. Tamsir Jasseh cannot
have it both ways.  How could he try to teach Gambian police
professionalism, when he did not make a professional move to condemn the
innocent slaughter of Gambian kids?

Naphiyo,

Comrade ML Jassey-Conteh

Faustian
> bargain they have struck with this evil administration, he came in to try
> do what is right by the Gambian people. We would forever be grateful for
the
> efforts of a man who steadfastly refuse to partake in the persecution of
his
> fellow citizens. I am certain that Mr Jasseh would return to the Gambia
> Police and fix it.
>           We also learned today the chairman of the IEC was fired
apparently
> because the President was upset that the Commission dragged the gov't to
> court in a bid to force it to pass the enabling legislation for the local
> gov't elections which are over two years late. Firing the chairman
pursuant
> to it's litigation  points to the governments fervent desire to weaken and
> ultimately get rid of the commission entirely , replacing it with a
> government -run semi temporary agency. I have always contended that the
IEC
> already has the requisite authority to schedule and proceed with the local
> gov't elections as affirmed by the the outside they themselves hired. The
> supreme Courts verdict today reflected that exact same opinion. The IEC
does
> not need the House to pass the legislation  that the Attorney General
refused
> to pass on for enactment.The rest of the IEC should proceed with the
> elections pronto. The IEC frankly looks like they are wont to adapting the
> defeatist mantra of committing suicide to aviod an expected execution.
They
> should stand up and do the right thing and stop cuddling this criminal
gov't
> that is busy scheming ways of disenfranchising the Gambian people.
> Karamba

> if you have problems accessing the web interface and remember to write
your full name and e-mail address.

--- Lamine Conteh
--- EarthLink: It's your Internet.