GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bubacar Sankanu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 14:43:00 GMT
Dear Sirs,

I am currently leaving for a 3-month research work in the Democratic
Republic of the Congo. According to my hosts, I will be based in the rural
areas-meaning no acess to computer or the hi-tech gigs.
As a result, I would like you to kindly unsubscribe me till further
notice.
I will not conclude without extending my best wishes to you and all the
Pioneers of G-L for a great exhibition of patriotism. I ejoyed the
discussions very much though I am yet to comment on the issues of the day.
Neverthless, still on your side and stands by all those who yown for
rule of law,prudent macroeconomic policies and responsible governance in
our Beloved Mother Gambia.

Your compatriot,

Bubacarr Sankanu
Ex-Pioneer, Producer
GRTS

His
> email reads  [log in to unmask]
>
> Thanks
> BS

Momodou
> Camara, one of the list managers, changed the list setting earlier
today
> (Mon., May 29) to what it was before I changed it to require
> confirmation of postings.  There have been a number of postings on
the issue in the
> past few days, mainly objecting to it, and asking whether or not it
> serves a purpose anymore.
> >
> > The fact of the matter is that the topic of the confirmation
> procedures, and other matters relating to Gambia-L management has
been under
> review by Gambia-L managers.  Our deliberations have however
proceeded at a
> rather slow pace, and I must say that I take full responsibility for

> that.  Please accept my apologies for the relatively long time it's
taken
> to resolve the issue.
> >
> > The delay in resolving the list posting procedures also prompted a

> number of people to suggest that I have been a dictator (make that a

> capital "D"!).  I can understand why some people might be impatient
with me,
> even upset, and for that reason, I harbor no hard feelings at what
> they've said about me, wrong as they are.  I have no problems with
people
> saying whatever they want to about me, because in the end, the facts
will
> speak for themselves.
> >
> > May I mention that I will be responding to a number of other issues
> that have been mentioned on the list, that I just haven't been able
> get to.  In particular, Hamjatta Kanteh expressed his displeasure at
my
> remark about the "Kairo" CD released by Arch records in The Gambia.
As it
> happens, I am very passionate about music, and I will in time try to

> send a response as sober, and respectful, as I can come up with.
Until
> then, please bear with me.
> >
> > I guess that's about it for now.  Have a great week, and best
> wishes.
> >
> > Katim

> Gambia-L
> > Web interface at: