GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Feb 2004 13:59:08 EST
In a message dated 2/28/04 12:25:52 PM Central Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> I know this american man who  for all his married life had another "friend"
> right here in Dc just miles from his wife's home . he always told his wife
> he was on a secret government mission -worked for the FBI -i knew later after
> his wife died-

Now there is an original and creative cover up!

I am also of the opinion that if the women have no problem with being
co-wives, that is fine, but that is also easier said than done because our society
tends to encourage friction between co-wives with friends and even family
members chipping their contribution to the problem. Personally, I would not give
myself a heart attack over a man because you suffer, not him and if women realize
this, they can save themselves a lot of grief and each carry on with their
lives as opposed to spending good energy on friction.
You are right, most men will lie about this.
I believe that this is why Islam does allow for multiple partners so long as
they are official and the man can treat them equally, which is also another
rule to make sure that one considers it carefully before doing it, but most men
in our society do not consider marrying multiple wives carefully, nor can most
of them really afford it and consequently, there is a lot of heartache for
all involved.

Jabou