GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Badou Jobe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 06:54:47 -0500
The many ardent admirers and fans of The Gambia's newly appointed Cultural
Ambassador will be thrilled to see the content of the following link:

www.africanmusicfestival.com/okodrammeh/custom%20images/gambia/gambia.htm.

The featured pictures provide a true and rare document of the new
ambassador's contribution to Gambian culture, in the same time offering a
sneak preview of his agenda how to boost Cultural tourism in the country, as
promised in his postings to the Gambia-Post/Gambia-L.

"De Buddy's" are a Dutch boys choir who - through mr. Oko Drammeh's
excellent connections and good offices - got invited to highlight the 22nd
of July celebrations last year.

De Buddy's are led by mr. Drammeh’s associate Ton Buitinga, a hard-core
child pornographer who got arrested after the Gambian tour, but should be
back on the job before the summer, as the boys crew are scheduled to visit
The Gambia again.

Noteworthy are the pics featuring:
[PICTURE] The president of Gambia, Yahya Jammeh, meets son of Oko, Matarr
[PICTURE] Oko drammeh addresses the presidential celebrations, on july 22nd 2003
[PICTURE] The national assembly leader Hon. Baba Jobe with Oko and the buddy's
[PICTURE] The national assembly leader Hon. Baba Jobe with Oko and the buddy's
[PICTURE] Ton buitinga, musical conductor of the buddy's, and Oko
[PICTURE] The president of the Gambia welcomes Oko
[PICTURE] The president of the Gambia honours Oko in Banjul
[PICTURE] De Buddy's with the president of the Gambia and his wife, Mr. and
Mrs. Yahya Jammeh
[PICTURE] De Buddy's with the president of the Gambia and his wife, Mr. and
Mrs. Yahya Jammeh
[PICTURE] De Buddy's and the NAPSA students of the Gambia (the national
patriotic students' association - formed 10 august 2001)

Meanwhile the world is awaiting mr. Drammeh’s next extravaganza: Stokeley
Carmichael’s widow  performing in Kanilai, the bespoke venue for the IRF.

Badou Jobe

[e-mail  posted to Gambia|Post e-Gathering]

    * Subject: Re: [>-<] FWD: Oko Drammeh is IRF New Cultural Ambassador
    * From: Oko Drammeh <okob@xxxx
    * Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 16:17:59 +0100

 (...)
 CULTURAL AMBASSADOR
 Thank you for your word up!. I want to bring festivals and music business
executives to the Gambia and to make the world to visits the Gambia always
for extravaganga and cultural Events.
I want to change some of the filty habits of tourism.

I want to share my skills to the Gambian youths and talents. I want to bring
back live music and festivals in the Gambia and to controll the flow of
cultural domination by anyone. I will have regular Seneambian shows in Dakar
in the stadiums and at Sorano and in Banjul.

I have an agenda and friends in the business and a team.
(...)
I am introducing Cultural tourism  I am doing this because Gambia can't
find her way in the music and art world and each year it is getting worst.
So I decided to go and live in the Gambia for few years to get my hand on
tthe nitty gritty.

I will not be involvrd in politics, I know poly tricks, I am only doing a
job for the people. Politicians come and go but The atrists is eternal so I
know .
Thank you, I will give support to our youth and they all make money and
improve their art and their lives.

PROMISE
your brother
Oko Drammeh