GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 13 Feb 2004 16:19:46 +0100
HAITI IS OURS
----- Original Message -----
From: Malaika Kambon
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2004 3:29 PM
Subject: [unioNews] HAITI IS OURS

NEW AFRIKAN MILLENNIUM

HAITI IS OURS

The 1789 Alien Claims Tort statute is a 200-year-old US law against British
companies, first passed to provide legal redress for the loss of ships captured
or destroyed by pirates operating out of the Florida Keys. According to Simon
McRae, of Friends of the Earth, quoted in today's Independent News out of
the UK:

"This is the only legislation in the world that holds to account international
companies accused of human rights and environmental abuses committed
in other countries."

The law is being used by victims of racism against UK companies alleged to have
helped to prop up the former apartheid regime of South Africa, to bring suit
in the U.S. against British companies for human rights violations committed
around the world, & against Shell Oil for numerous crimes including environmental
violations in Nigeria.

The UK government seeks to intervene in the U.S. judicial process to block
these actions.

My thought however, is that a law such as this should be equally applicable
to & effective for use against these same European powers as they attempt
the destabilization of Haiti & the return of Haitians to a fate worse than slavery.

When one is considering past (& present) U.S. depredations (in conjunction
with France & England) against Haiti, can suit be brought in the world court
on Haiti's behalf.

The suggestion is not, of course, that the continuation of Haiti's liberation
struggle, (for that is what is transpiring now) should rest in the hands of any
but the will & actions of the peoples' "court."

ARISTIDE & HAITI,  not FRAPH & "TOTO" CONSTANT.
HAITI for HAITIANS, not bush & the CIA.

The acts of aggression against Haiti since its liberation are acts of piracy &
are human rights violations on a concerted & global scale.

"Imagine NIGGERS speaking French...," said William Jennings Bryan, Secretary
of State to U.S. President Woodrow Wilson in 1924. Such genocidal contempt is
still being directed at Haiti & Haitians in 2004.

We must remember that Haitian people are continuing their (our) struggle
to divest them (our) selves of the French, U.S., & British armies  who implement
the corporate agendas of eugenic spawned U.S. Monroe Doctrine & other
"lynch" laws.

Just as its counterpart in 1857, DRED Scott v Sanford, U.S. Supreme Court,
decreed that AFRIKANS, by virtue of their enslavement & alleged inferiority
had no rights which a white person was bound to respect & that whether
emancipated or not, "remained subject to the authority of the (alleged)
dominant (read: white) race with no rights or privileges but such as those
who held the power in the government might choose to grant them,"
the Monroe Doctrine of 2 December 1823 "decreed that countries in the Americas,
except those controlled by the European powers, were subject
to U.S. hegemony."

George Canning, then BRITAIN'S foreign secretary, chortled:
"I have called a New World into existence to redress the balance
of the Old."

The "Old" is re-visiting Haiti. But stealing what is ours does not make
it theirs, It makes it stolen.

We will not let them steal Haiti.

We are no one's N*****S.

And we speak other languages besides French.

war without terms

--m

Sources:

MINISTERS ATTEMPT TO HALT U.S. HUMAN
RIGHTS CASES AGAINST BRITISH FIRMS
Robert VERKAIK, Legal Affairs Correspondent

http://news.independent.co.uk/low_res/story.jsp?story=490056&host=3&dir=62

"IMAGINE! NIGGERS SPEAKING FRENCH!
John Maxwell, Correspondent
Originally published by The Jamaica Observer

http://www.sfbayview.com/021104/imagine021104.shtml

WORLD HISTORY ARCHIVES:
The contemporary political history in general of the Republic of Haiti
FRAPH & "TOTO" CONSTANT
http://www.hartford-hwp.com/archives/43a/index-bab.html

lllll
QUOTATION:

"All of us may not live to see the higher accomplishments of an African empire, so strong and powerful as to compel the respect of mankind, but we in our lifetime can so work and act as to make the dream a possibility within another generation"
-<html><A HREF="http://members.aol.com/GhanaUnion/afrohero.html">Ancestor Marcus Mosiah Garvey <i>(1887 - 1940)</i></A></html>

llllllllll
*  //\\//\\ unioNews Newsgroup //\\//\\   *
* http://members.aol.com/GhanaUnion *
*          We're One People         *
*          Join the Chorus          *
-    African Union Shall Succeed    -