GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Hamjatta Kanteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 02:39:25 EDT
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< Even if he asks me to
 be a cleaner in his household, I will. >>

Indeed! You just couldn't make this up! A cleaner she means? A cleaner...eh?
You mean a "Mbindan", butler, "Harrankant", "Batoola". I guess you are now
the highest paid "Mbindan" in the Gambia now. Damn! Just when you thought
this APRC nonsense people have really run out of stuff they always come with
something mind numbing. Frankly I never thought that you of all people coming
from a decent and honoured family will stoop this low for the lowest of a men
in the Gambia, Junkung Jammeh. What has to happened human dignity, decency,
nobility, "Gorr", "Foroyaa"? I remember these were virtues extolled when I
was growing up in Banjul. But now....... You Jahumpa Ceesay who has mothered
a child..... how can you still defend this monstrous and tyrannous regime
which did not hesitate to shoot our children, brothers, sisters, etc, etc? Is
it because your only child wasn't amongst the slaughtered kids? And so it is
easy for you to say all these disgusting things to people who are still
grieving for their children, brothers and sisters? What are you made of? Are
from a different planet as Makavelli suggested? Are you really sure you are a
Gambian? A Gambian mother? Of Gambian heritage? What does it profit you to
gain the dictator's affections when you can only lose your family, community
and most importantly your soul in return?
    I have always reserved my ammunition on you because as far as I am
concerned you are just one of the little jumped up nobodies in this gov't but
by God I can't resist this one, this time. You Jahumpa Ceesay happens to the
worst female sidekick to Jammeh. Just when you thought people who naively and
innocently believe Jammeh is well meaning and patriotic, have seen enough
when Jammeh butchered our school kids, some people will obstinately
nauseatingly hold on to their hardened positions out of spite, selfish
agendas, ignorance, prejudices and grievances against imagined and real foes.
    If a jumped up nobody and half wit like you wishes to be Jammeh's cleaner
[I.e Mbindan], then be our guests. Please just be decent enough to scrub hard
at that sick mind of his as well. Just don't ever dare to peddle hypocritical
stories online here. A quick reminder that hypocrisy of any form is not
accepted here.  It will just be thrown back in your face. I have always known
that you are something of a two timing small time petty hypocrite since the
days you were busy flying kites in the Daily Observer and making your
presence felt to the dictatorship so you could just jump ship at the
appropriate time. That is all very well then and in the Daily Observer. But
not now and not on this List and in this difficult periods. No form of
hypocrisy will be tolerated here. Can't say you haven't been warned.
Till then, continue chewing the leftovers ["NDESSHIT"] that the master always
reserves for the butler/cleaner ["Mbindan"]. I hope your belly gets full and
you don't starve.
Hamjatta Kanteh

hkanteh