GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Emmanuel N'Dow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 17:48:50 PDT
Pasamba Jow <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi,
It is important to understand that as journalists,both Ebrima Ceesay and
Badara Sowe have it as their duty to report things that are of public
interest.It is also true that Fatou Taal is obligated to come her dad's
defence ,but should that be areason for emphaty certainly not. If one should
emparthize with Mr Taal's kids ,then one should not critize Jammeh because
he also has a family that may be obligated to come to his defence.
To Ebrima and Alieu keep up the good work ,and continue reporting things
that are both accurate and in the public interest without fear or favour.
PEACE                                                                  COACH
JOW

Pa Samba, the news about Ebou Taal most definitely is in the public interest
and both Ebrima and Badara did an exceptional job bringing it to light; that
is not my concern. Those private mails sent to Ebrima were full of emotions
and less of "reasonableness", I think as journalists they should've recognize
that. Again I state " these kids will never accept what is factual as reported
by Ebrima--you might say in a state of denial"
How did Jammeh figure in this equation? What Ebou Taal was tried and convicted
of does not compare to what Jammeh is doing to the Gambian people--witness the
shooting of students expressing their freedom of speech in the form of a
demonstration.
Chi Jama
Daddy Sang