GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mamau Tage <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 13:52:14 GMT
Hallo Ebrima and G-Lers,

Greetings to you and your sources.
Ebrima, Last night a friend of mine, Bubacarr Sankanu ( I think you know
him) call me from the Democratic Republic of the Congo where he is on a
three-month consultancy work on Media and Public Relations Management. He
told me to exteng greeting to all fellow Gambians on the G-L , at home in
Gambia and abroad.

He said as he sttled for action in DRC ,he was confronted by many Congolese
who asked about "Mobutu's Gold deposited near the Banjul International
Airport". He said he could not give any immediate answer "without contacting
fellow Gambians who might have heard of this strange development in 1997/8".
It was reported that German channel 2 TV ZDF reported that Mobut's Gold was
found in The Gambia but Yahya Jammeh said it was Zambia not Gambia. But many
Congolese in Kinshasa believe it is "Gambia".

Can you, your sources or any one provide information on this?
Thanky you and greetings from Bubacarr Sankanu.

Yours sincerely,

M.Muhammed T.Susso
Hamburg
Germany