GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Binneh Minteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Feb 2004 10:39:39 -0500
BABA JOBE TALKS-LISTEN WITH KEEN INTEREST! IT'S THE BEGINNING OF THE END.

Well, well, Gambians the Jaranka MP has started and this will be the
beginning of the end! some time back when OPTV signalled that, the
revelations then were just a tip of the iceberg,mad Yahya's cronies started
sending in funny defensive analyses.Those were personal attacks and here we
are discussing national issues. OPTV will go right inside what Baba has
just revealed therefore give in it's boureye and butut where
necessary.Actually Koro's ghost is very strong!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mad Yahya will
be sent to his grave too! by the soldiers who are guarding him very
soon.The more we watch the wretched movie called OPERATION COMPROMISE the
more some patriotic Gambians spend sleepless nights.However,this is good
because If mad Yahya was not disgraced in the open as we are all witnessing
now!members of OPTV would have resorted to other means within weeks.Now a
case is in hand and people are becoming more and more aware.Mad Yahya
thought that silencing opponents or jailin! g them could help him escape
after disappointing the nation?!

The worst enemy for mad Yahya is the internal intelligence reports that are
forcing him and his lackeys go through these compelling forces
unwillingly.Left to mad Yahya alone if the IMF na d world bank did not
visit his dirty files,he would have still been dancing in Kanilai.Some
Gambians are easily carried away.When the whole show started others were
whispering along corridors and wanted to believe that mad Yahya did not
know what was happening? Yahya did not know what?!!!!!! God cannot be
fooled by anyone more over lunatics.

Baba's lawyers sent matured signals to mad Yahya and his cronies and we saw
them say it was nothing but bogus threats! OPTV then said to those of us
who were just entering the theater hall that! this movie will not end! in
peace!

Mad Yahya cannot see the light because he is blinded by guilt and shame and
at the same time trying his last card thus attempting to convince those who
are yet to know him.He is also riding on the cronies who have ready made
flat backs.Mad Yahya can no loonger ride on some of them because their
backs have been broken by shame and surprises.None of those lackeys on line
can claim to know Mad Yahya than Baba Jobe his former unofficial vice
president and commander in chief of the July 22nd armed wing.Mad Yahya has
no blood running in his veins.OPTV strongly believes that Yahya Jammeh is
not mentally ok.With all this chaos and shameful revelations,this man is
still trying to appear on TV  adressing the nation? Which nation? Mad Yahya
does not understand that when sick people escape from campama decent folks
run away and hide!!! Does that mean the mad can provide something for them?
Not at all! However,they run away because if the mad man hits them or kills
an! yone he or she stands to lose.That is why politicians  and others are
even tired of trying to use lawful means to communicate with him. Sometimes
decent people keep an eye on mad men and protect themselves while they are
passing by so Yahya is passing by with these shameless revelations.Party
politics is in place but those politicians can remove Yahya very fast by
looking at him and then using his very machination against him, through
more sophisticated means.That is exactly what is taking place.For some time
we have not heard Senegal mention Mad Yahya! Why? He will know why when he
does not expect any answer.Did we not hear and see what Gadio said in
Tripoli.Read the part where he mentioned money laundering,militia etc and
understand the show.

Mad Yahya has no equal on the platform of African leaders.Ghadafi has
shunned this mad man and he will receive his share from boy naar.Smart
leaders take smart decisions and stand firm to protect their
countries.Ghadafi and Wade plus Mbeki know who the bandits and the mad men
are and let us stay focussed for some time and see.

What Hamat Bah said about the oil is something that OPTV owuld have never
told mad Yahya,we know the underlying factors and when some forces! will
send a signal to mad Yahya about this oil euphoria,he will see for
himself.Do you think the international democracies and smart leaders will
sit and see a mad man playing with petrol? Senegal has more deposits but
they are quiet and calm.Demarcation of offshore boundaries is a complex
issue and we will see how mad Yahya will be won in that very game sooner
than expected.Mad Yahya will see for himself.Hamat Bah should keep quiet
because insane monsters can only learn when whips and clubs are nearby.
What of if Baba Jobe reaches a point where it is only mad Yahya and Famara
Jatta who should testify? OPTV wants all to see through this case.The same
rumours from mad Yahya's cronies and the same Justice Paul who sent Waa
Juwara to court.Baba Jobe and others are not Waa because they know mad
Yahya beyond imagination.! Mad Yahya has forgotten when Baba was arranging
for him to join those inter coolers between Djerba Tunisia and Tripoli.Mad
Yahya has forgotten when Tarik Musa bought the AFINJANGS?,mad Yahya has
forgotten when the bags of rice were being heaped in his stores?,mad Yahya
has forgotten the suit cases of dollar notes? mad Yahya has forgotten the
money shop along Kairaba avenue and what the international intelligence
groups told him and Baba Jobe four years ago? Mad Yahya has forgotten when
he was yelling on Sedat Jobe and con to insult the UN ofr putting Baba
Jobe's name on those who were banned from travelling? mad Yahya has
forgotten when he received Charles Taylor in 1995 and the role that Baba
Jobe played in that? mad Yahya has forgotten where he got the money he was
throwing to his supporters,from? mad Yahya has forgotten the reason why the
airport lights used to be switched off when Baba returned from Eastern
Europe? Mad Yahya has forgotten how the July 22nd movement got their MAB50
pistols?

OPTV will continue these leading questions in every article now.Mad Yahya's
cronies use fabricateda personal attacks to attempt silencing people but
here comes a new wave that will recieve any formulated attack and then say
things on mad Yahya that will make him commit suicide.I wish mad Yahya knew
how dedicated OPTV is on these issues that are of national interest! Mad
Yahya can try all mean but he is being warned that this wave will sweep him
and he will see for himself that actions speak louder than words.Gambia is
boiling and he will be the one to be in the pot.

Please read what Baba Jobe says and add everything to your archives Baba's
was preceded by Konjira this is a fight and OPTV will certainly win with
the help of God.Mad Yahya's own intellgence officials and the army are
reading and being exposed to the internet so OPTV knows that the bomb is
ticking.

In our next artcile we will explain the interlinkages in Dakar.Those who
run personal errands for some of his closest cronies.Before OPTV comes on
that please let Gambians try and find out within Dakar who a man commnonly
known as PETIT PAPA IS? We will also reconstruct some gruesome scenarios
that affected people like the late Ousainou Njie and other detainees at
Depot.No member of the OPTV was there but the facts have been archived by
the authorities in this great country and other places in Europe so OPTV
has been exposed to more hidden things.Not only Gambians watch this list
you know?! That is to the advantage of those who cannot speak freely back
home.The gvt cronies on line cannot convince any of these people because
they have access to every file in Banjul.When will mad Yahya visit the
white house? God knows.I wish he could because a set of brochures will be
given to him while in DC and he will receive some through other channles
within the coming week! s.No one can block OPTV's messages to mad Yahya
becausethey will pass thorugh people that he himself does not imagine are
members of OPTV.

See what Baba said once again and then ask yourself what does he really
mean by GENTLE MAN'S AGREEMENT? Who should this genteman be? Baba did not
say gentlemen he used MAN?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then ask yourself what he exactly means by YDE was financed by Jammeh and
then ask yourself what he means by APRC Belongs!!!!!!!!!!to Jammeh? Then
ask yourself why on earth are others transfered and then Baba charged?

Thought provoking questions,right?

See BABA' revelations

"Mr Jobe said he always had meetings with SoS Famara Jatta and permanent
secretary Dodou Bammy Jagne to discuss prices for every
consignment imported into the country by YDE. He added that although he
receives instructions directly from President Jammeh to make
sure that YDE policies are implemented, President Jammeh had no hand in the
implementation of those policies. "This is entirely left
with the Department of State for Finance and other institutions concerned
like GPA," he said".

"Mr Jobe said government has agreed to give a duty waiver on quarterly
bases to YDE because of its contribution to the poverty
alleviation programme and that YDE did not pay duties because of
the "gentleman's agreement" it had with the Department of State for
Finance."

He said as part of this agreements, YDE financed many government projects
such as the crop financing of the 1998/99 season at a tune
.
This, according to him, s! howed that the relationship between YDE and
Government "was not just an ordinary one. Directly or
indirectly, it was one arm of the government," he said.

Baba Jobe said he "totally disagreed" with the offences he has been charged
with, "simply because the gentleman's agreement YDE had
with SoS Jatta and Bammy Jagne was still in place. The main objectives of
YDE such as affordability, availability, stability and
youth empowerment were sold to them and they agreed," he said.
Mr Jobe noted that YDE has from 2000, stuck to the agreement with the
authorities until they were dragged to court.

With regard to stability, he revealed that YDE had an agreement with the
authorities to bring large quantities of essential
commodities like rice and sugar into the country which are stored in
warehouses for six months or more in order to stabilise prices.
That he said, prevented events in the world market from reflecting
[inimically] on the price of rice in the country.

He added that YDE has provided affordable essential commodities and up to
the time of his arrest, a bag of rice cost not more than
D350 in any part of the country. "We are the highest importer of rice in
the country for the past three years and we have the best
quality of rice," he said.

Mr Jobe stressed that by looking at the operations of YDE "logically, one
cannot say it owed any money to government. If you tell me
to reduce my import value to enhance its affordability to Gambians and to
subsidise my duties in turn for my contribution to poverty
alleviation for all these years and all of a sudden you turn and say I
should pay despite the gentleman's agreement in place and YDE
being part and parcel of government, then we all know that there is a
problem elsewhere. We all know were the problem is and despite
making all these expenses on government projects, we accepted the
responsibility and started negotiations for payment," he said.

Mr Jobe said Customs & Excise have refused to accept invoices given to them
by Buba Senghore on the ground that they had already
done their indicative value assessment and that using YDE's invoices would
result to higher value. He added that GPA, Customs the
Department of State for Finance have never requested invoices from him and
that YDE's application for direct delivery were always
sent to the office of the former director-general of Customs, Ousman Mboge
by Buba Senghore. "Before processing the application, Mr
Mboge always asked Buba Senghore to talk with SoS Jatta and Dodou Bammy
Jagne who after discussions with me act in accordance with
the gentleman agreement by contacting Mr Mboge who would grant us direct
delivery," he explained.

He said he had a meeting with the present director-general of Customs,
Momodou Kabba Tambajang during which they discussed the
previous arrangements YDE had with one Veronique [Carayol], a Customs!
officer to whom over US$500 was paid to. "This was why I was
very surprised when Customs failed to produce any document in court
regarding the agreement we had," he said.
The case continues today with Baba Jobe expected to continue giving
testimony.
© Copyright 2003 by Observer Company

BINNEH S MINTEH
NEW YORK UNIVERSITY