GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ebrima Ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jun 2000 09:20:46 GMT
Gambia-L:

The e-mail below, as usual, has come from one of my sources in the Gambia.

Ebrima Ceesay

>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Ebrima, please find a header for this piece.
>Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 15:54:45 GMT

Hello Ebrima,

How are things with you? I hope you are all doing okay. Well, here in the
Gambia, times are really hard these days; and as for business, it is
completely dead in this country. Also, the Dalasi, these days, is so
difficult to get just like how Yaya Jammeh is finding it difficult to father
a baby boy.

Anyway, the guys on the L need to be told that the Government of Yaya Jammeh
is in complete disarray. So, please, do not let up on the pressure. This
government will self-destruct itself from within. It is just a matter of
time for Jammeh provided of course that the pressure being applied from
within the population and from the external groups like yours, is being
maintained.

And although late in coming in, the International Donor Community has
finally added to the problems of Yaya Jammeh's disgraceful regime. A total
of 100 million dalasi is being blocked, as I write this piece, by the donors
until significant improvement in the political situation in the country is
achieved.

And, to make matters worse, Ebrima, Isatou Njie-Saidy and her boss Yaya
Jammeh were engaged in a "very heated argument" with nasty insults being
heaped on the Vice President by Yaya Jammeh. However, as if Yaya needs to be
reminded, Isatou Njie-Saidy told him that she was "old enough" to be his
mother.

But, Ebrima, too little, too late. "That woman" should never have
associated herself with this despotic Jammeh regime from the start. I guess,
she will eventually be fired by the butcher of Kanilai, especially following
their dispute. And also take it from me that the Army Chief of Staff Jatta
will be fired by Yaya in the coming days. SoS Ousman Badgie will also go.

Meanwhile, for reasons best known to himself, Edward Singhateh has refused
to report for work on a regular basis. He is away from the office for three
weeks stretches; he has no appetite, these days, for work neither does he
have an appetite for his former comrade-in-arms Yaya Jammeh. (So keep up the
pressure because they are being torn apart).

And the Roots Festival was off to a dismal start, Ebrima. Yaya Jammeh did
not attend the opening yesterday at July 22nd Square. Mrs Susan Waffa-Ogoo
was visibly embarrassed at the absence of Yaya, despite the repeated
announcements assuring the guests of the imminent arrival of the butcher of
Kanilai.

Ebrima, the coward is afraid to come to Banjul these days. And by the way,
the 18-month long leave story is still on, but with an amendment.
He will now go on leave to Morocco for a month and then reflect on his
future. He could also extend the leave from one month to anything, we are
told.

Anyway, the message Gambians want to deliver to dictator Yaya is that he
will not be able to escape The Gambia. He will have to stand trial
and account for all his devilish and murderous actions from the 22nd
July, 1994.

Ebrima, I must go now. BUT CERTAINLY, YAYA'S TIME IS UP. YAYA WILL BE
CAPTURED AND TRIED IN THE GAMBIA. BY THE WAY, TOMBONG SAIDY IS NOT IN THE
GAMBIA. WE SUSPECT THAT HE IS IN THE UK ON SPECIAL ASSIGNMENT AND ALSO TO
WATCH EURO 2000 SINCE HE COULD NOT TELEVISE THE MATCHES TO FANS FOR LACK OF
SPONSORS/MONEY.I must sign off now. But please let the STRUGGLE CONTINUE for
a "Yaya-less" Gambia.