GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Touray, Kejau" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 2007 10:21:39 -0000
Thanks Dr. Marenah,

We in UK have experienced these problem, but it seems ok now if you
call from UK, its US that has the problem now....
Thanks for the clarification,

Kejau Touray

We Buy Properties in 10 days, Cash!

Timbuktu Finance and Mortgages
for Properties and Mortgages

________________________________

lamin Marenah
Sent: Mon 29/01/2007 01:47
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: GAMTEL & jAMMEH (what happened to the dial tone)

Hi,
        Circuit Congestion seems to be the issue here. Some calls
coming
into the Gambia are failing mainly because once they reach the
termination
point; successful handoff might not be taking place. This will result
in
long wait of silence while the LD carrier tries to deliver the call
into
Gamtel. These calls are being dropped because either insufficient
trunks are
assigned, or some trunks assigned to inbound Intl calls are being
blocked.
Calling card providers are being charged because the LD Company needs
recoup revenue for the cost of the unsuccessful call. At this point I
will
not subscribe to the illegal termination scenario.
        One effect of this would be possible revenue loss by Gamtel.
believe that if capacity is minimized by ongoing expansion work, these
should be scheduled around maintenance windows that would not
necessarily
affect consumers and the imperative flow of commerce.
        These are just observations I've made devoid any official word
from
Gamtel. We will be better served by accountability from Gamtel to the
Gambian friends and family utilizing these services.