GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mansour Ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 20:22:42 +0100
Asalamu alaikum G-L
Below is an interesting article which I am sure a lot of
you will enjoy reading and most importantly change your
life (courtesy of brother mambuna, gambianmuslims)
Mansour

> Take the Test...
>
> How many of these characteristics describe you as a husband?
>
> - I Wake up my wife for Fajr.
> - I teach my wife, and I do all it takes for her to learn Islam.
> - I talk to my family about the example of the Prophet, sallallaahu
> alayhewa
> sallam and I strive to emulate his example as a husband.
> - I know it is my responsibility to help with housework and I give my
> wife days
> off and do the work she would normally do.
> - I assist my wife in the care of our children.
> - I am patient with my wife and I show her love and affection.
> - I speak to my wife in a kind, respectful and gentle manner.
> - I sit with my family and present topics for discussion.
> - I ask my wife for advice and I accept and appreciate getting
> constructive
> criticism from her.
> - I take my wife out for recreation and exercise.
>
> By: Abu Ayyoob Adullah al-Ansari
> al-Jumuah magazine
>
>  When we seek out knowledge about marriage we see that the Qur'an and
> Sunnah
> have assigned tremendous importance to the marriage contract and have
> distinguished it above all other contracts. Indeed the Prophet,
> sallallaahu
> alayhe wa sallam, said, "When a man marries, he has completed half of
> his
> religion and he needs only to fear Allah to complete the  other half."
> (Mishkat)
> In the Qur'an, Allah says, "And how could you take it (back) while you
> have gone
> in unto each other, and they have taken  from you a firm and strong
> covenant?"
> [4:21]
>
> Purpose of Marriage
>
> Therefore, marriage must be entered into whole-heartedly and taken very
> seriously by each of the two partners, and both of them must be
> committed to
> making their marriage a success. A marriage is truly successful and
> prosperous
> only when it is mutually rewarding. Allah suggests that both partners
> come
> together to cover, protect and beautify each other in the same way that
> garment covers, protects and beautifies the one who wears it. [2:187]
> Through
> this metaphor, we understand that when twopeople get married, they cease
> consider themselves individuals but insteadas a couple - each person
> benefiting
> by the other equally. In order to
> flourish, there can be no hint of selfishness or refusal tocompromise
> between
> them. There must be an agreement between the two partners that each of
> them will
> work together to solve whatever problems arise.They will assist one
> another and
> [...]

Dr M Mansour Ceesay

Porsche Boxter. You and a friend. Nine dream days from
Napa Valley to Beverly Hills. Provided by CarsDirect.com.
Click to enter.
http://click.egroups.com/1/4882/4/_/230531/_/960317235/

--- End Forwarded Message ---