GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ebou colly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 14:27:23 -0700
                      Re: Ebou Colly please don’t snob
me

Mr. Sey I had to swallow my words and come back to you
for just this one time. But I am going to be rather
brief. I just want to register my satisfaction in the
fact that that you have finally trashed the junk you
were attempting to distribute around about the Bissau
issues in order to deceive the L readers. I only came
on line to stop you from pretending to be an authority
on that event when you did not have a clue about what
happened there. A week ago you were urging every body
to brace up for the marathon story you thought you
were going to cook about the event from A to Zee.

Well, you probably made the mistake of discounting me-
the lie buster- from the recipients of your deceptive
stories. I hope this would be your wake-up call next
time. If you want to come up with a story to help the
Jammeh government, know that some of us are here with
the conscience not to let you get away with any false
ones.

Call me all kinds of names. Say I robbed the Standard
Chattered Bank in the Gambia. Give me all you have but
just don’t deviate and start telling dubious stories
to help Yaya. The Ndow Njie story you mentioned and
that of the radios with Habbib Jitteh are all fine by
me. Just promise me that if I accept them as factual
you will from now on desist from trying to lie for
Yaya Jammeh to deceive your readers. I would assume it
is an acceptable deal, right? So that starts the new
chapter.

On a final note, I have read your articles and
realized among other things that you still do not know
that “of course” is not the same as “off course”. It
always changes the contextual meaning of what you
intend to say. The first time I saw you use it, I
thought it was a typographical stuff, but seeing you
write it over and over again showed me that you are in
the mud in this one just like in many more. I just
hate going into those things that I say make you a
backward writer. But I’m glad many more readers have
been seeing that as well. Or are they all below your
poetic standard too? Have a nice holiday.

Yaya must go by all means!

Ebou Colly