GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ebou Jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Feb 2004 10:39:15 -0800
Comrade Jassey!

This is the spirit of a loyal opposition....steadfast belief in
rights to everyone whilst reserving your inalienable right to oppose
any government based on the MERITS of its policies and not attacking
personalities.  Much respect.

On Tombong Saidy:  The late Koro Ceesay and Mr. Saidy were good
friends.  Infact Koro lobbied hard for Tombong's employment  at the
Gambia Embassy in Washington DC. Tombong's job situation became
favorable after Yaya watched a video clip showing Tombong heckling
Sir Dawda Jawara whilst he was on a visit to the US.  This is how Mr.
Saidy joined the APRC.  On one occassion, Mr Saidy came to Banjul and
ran into an incident with Edward Singharty's wife on the streets of
Lancaster and Sam Jack Terrace. Singharty who was in Geneva enroute
to Cuba wanted to cancel his trip inorder to skin Tombong alive.  I
covinced him to continue his mission, and the late Koro and myself
appealed to Jammeh to intervene on Tombongs behalf.  Since then
Edward Singharty hated me and Korro Cessay for life.  I later ask
Tombong to write an apology letter to Edward and copy it to me.  I
stiil have that copy in my files for the future.
Tombong knows the kind of people running that country, and honestly
one should not even try to taunt him into saying anything critical
about that government- that will be a death wish.  I am 100%
confident that given the slightest chance Tombong Saidy shall speak a
very different language.  Tombong was a "radical" once and I still
believe he has it in him.

Ebou

http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools