GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Amadu Kabir Njie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 07:02:15 -0500
Pa Modou Gassama!

Here is anther mug of beer for you! May be if you try to sober up a bit and
look at the facts objectively you won't come running here lying shamelessly
about developments and the "positive things" that are non-existent? Or may
be Halifa is afraid of the NIA? Or may be of KB?

KB, I'm making arrangements to get connected at home soon so I can be
better positioned to deal with this uncommissioned "Jaliba" of doom. Before
I'm through with him he'll be singing quite another tune. There'll
certainly be more whining!

The drunkard certainly bit more than he can chew and is trying by his
characteristic fashion to wriggle out of it, talking about nothing concrete
and lying about everything and whining some of the time. His latest streak,
trying to pitch us against one another when he realised that his skin is
not as think as he had reckoned, says it all. In his keen eagerness to
impress and be recognised, he jumps from one topic to the other,
contributing nothing of substance but merely regurgitating old lies. His
own father must be ashamed of him.

It makes me want to laugh at the mere thought that this man considers
himself an intellectual! The first and most important thing about
intellectualism is honesty, which this creature lacks. How can one be an
intellectual when one cannot even accept basic facts? - the raw material of
any intellectual exercise? Why! The guy even has a hard time telling his
mouth from his ass!

In the mean time, let him continue to burry his head in the sand and
continue to saturate his brains in alcohol to douse his quilt conscience;
there must after all be some form of escape, even for his ilk, from their
daily life of denial.

Regards,

Kabir.

"... He noted that the claim being made by his colleagues that the country
is developed is far fetched hence according to him, the reality of the
Gambian situation is such that poverty and lack of development have made
him witness the scene of a child on barefoot in Serrekunda scavenging in a
trash dump. “How can one say that the country is developed under such
circumstances” he asked, adding that such phenomenon is the crisis of the
African continent since Africans choose to ignore the realities on the
ground. He noted that the suffering and hardship on the Gambian people must
be acknowledged by all members.

He said it was important to own up to the fact that this situation cannot
be eradicated by the so-called development projects as 69 percent of the
population are living in abject poverty. He said it was hard to understand
why government officials say they were caring for the welfare of
Gambians. “Who can convince me that I don’t love the country and that you
love the country more” he asked, facing the majority leader Baba Jobe..."