GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 12:57:02 EDT
Ebrima,
This is the greatest news since this ambush saga began. We are glad to hear
that the real lawyers in The Gambia stood by their esteemed colleague,
Darboe. Ebrima, I hope your sources would be able to put their hands on the
reasoning behind the judge's decision and give them to us without the usual
spin we get from certain newspapers. The purpose of that would be to
showcase the magnitude of the rout visited on the AG by I hope people like
Antou Gaye and Ousman Sillah, to name a few. Ebrima, this is sound butt
kicking. Am glad that this time around the green lawyers were accompanied by
their boss. It is unheard of for someone charged with murder to be freed on
bail. That is why I said that this is sound butt kicking. I too would love
to see how Yaya is going to receive the news. This should be a fire-able
offense to Yaya. He would probably get rid of Secka, unless of course they
smelled the coffee (as Saul would say) and know that putting Darboe in jail
would be the final nail in the coffin. We are extremely happy that UDP
supporters came out in full force, ready to take the law and their fate into
their own hands had they been failed by the judiciary. This is great. Play
by the rules. If they fail, pounce on them and let them dispense justice. We
respectfully encourage the UDP supporters to pursue the issue about the
April 10 and 11 massacre with the same venom. Communicate to the authorities
in no uncertain terms that if justice is not done in that matter and the
impending trial of Darboe and his supporters, 'action' will be taken. You
have again showed that when push come to shove, Yaya and his gang should
blink first.
KB