GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ebrima Ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 18:02:17 GMT
Gambia-L:

I have just received a hurriedly written private e-mail from someone
claiming to be from the same family with Simon Talibo Sanneh who has reacted
to the piece below, sent by one of my sources in the Gambia on the
relationship between Cheyassin Secka, Simon Talibou Sanneh and one
"Commander Nasile."

In short, the person who has sent me this private e-mail did assure me that
there was nothing "sinister" going on involving Simon Talibou and Cheyassin
against the Gambia or Jammeh. He said he was aware of some old "enemies" of
Secka at the NIA who were/are trying to "create confusion" between
Cheyassin, Simon Talibou and Yaya Jammeh.

But God, he went on, would protect Simon and Secka. He implied that Simon
Talibou Sanneh's frequent visits to the Sub-region were not for clandestine
purposes, but rather to visit "Marabouts".

Ebrima