GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ylva Hernlund <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Mar 2005 12:11:56 -0800
For those in the Seattle area:
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 15:55:22 -0800
From: Washington State Africa Network <[log in to unmask]>
To: WASAN <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [WASAN] Event: Town Hall Seattle celebrates "Africa in America"

-----Original Message-----
From: Sarah Franklin [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Sunday, March 13, 2005 4:14 PM
To: [log in to unmask]

Hello Wasan,

I've been admiring your website for the Washington State Africa Network, and
wanted to let you know about the upcoming event at Town Hall, part of the
"Africa in America" weekend.  Information follows at the bottom of the page,
and a press release is attached.

Would you be able to post this information on your website and/or pass it on
to organisations you think could be interested? If you have an email list
that you could send this to that would also be wonderful.
le area:

We'd be very happy to arrange group rates for any groups of Africans who
wanted to come to the concert, or to discuss any further ideas you may have.

Thanks so much and I look forward to hearing from you soon! You can reach me
at 206/652-4255, extension 0, 425/753-0455, or [log in to unmask]  .

Best wishes,

Sarah

Africa In America:

The centerpiece of these events will be the "Africa in America" concert at
Town Hall on Saturday, April 16 at 8 pm. Featured artists will be the great
Malian singer Abdoulaye Diabate, and Gambian kora player and singer
Muhamadou Salieu Suso, both now living in New York City; Fua Dia Congo, the
brilliant California-based troupe performing central African dance and
drumming; Eritrean "troubadour" Asmelash Haile; and the West African
All-Stars, organized especially for this concert, featuring outstanding
performers from West Africa now living in the Puget Sound area. Diana
N'Diaye, of the Folklife Center of the Smithsonian Institution in
Washington, DC, will give a special pre-concert talk at 7:15 pm. Tickets for
the "Africa in America" performance are $20/18 in advance only at
www.ticketweb.com <http://www.ticketweb.com/> , $22/20 at the door.

We periodically meet the fourth Wednesday of the month. For a calendar of local Africa events see http://www.ibike.org/africamatters/calendar.htm .  To post a message: [log in to unmask]  Others who want to subscribe need to send a message to [log in to unmask] from the email account they want to subscribe.
Yahoo! Groups Links

     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい